Quantcast

^W^ Toots day? Sure. GMT ^W^

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Foggy English countryside drive in this morning....pretty sure I saw 4 Hobbits and an old man in a gray robe walking through the field on the way in.

Got a ton of stuff to do today. A nap sounds good.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good mornin!

Dog we were dog sitting last night went home. She didn't want to leave. After saying hi to her mom she plopped back on the couch and did her best not to listen. Then she escaped from the car and ran back to our door and had to be carried back to the car. ROFL! Good pooch. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No collisions, car fires or snow on this mornings commute made the drive quite easy. Woot.

Waiting on something very time sensitive from our shipping department, but god damn I gotta poop. The horror. :twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Good Morning!!

Foggy English countryside drive in this morning....pretty sure I saw 4 Hobbits and an old man in a gray robe walking through the field on the way in.

Got a ton of stuff to do today. A nap sounds good.
don't worry, that was Jerry Richardson and his staff doing the cross-state walk of shame.

@johnbryanpeters - despite the lifestyle choices, hope that things are OK with him.

nothing too exciting today . . . can it be tomorrow now?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Saw new Star Wars last night and the kids stayed in their room all night as they are supposed to do.

:notbadobama:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wet and cold, but not as cold as it has been. Looking like low 50's today dropping back to the 40's for the weekend. May not rain this weekend, so that would be nice. Back to you in the studio, Bob.

Ugh, it is seriously tough to be here these days. Had a meeting yesterday to go over the plan I've been working on for 2+ months only to be asked "do we really need this?" No, not really. We wouldn't need any of this if folks did the job they were tasked to do. Unfortunately that isn't how reality works, so yes, we need to put checks in place to ensure BS doesn't get released to the wild. But folks don't want to be called out on their sh!t, so folks just say they don't need it. So WTF am I doing here, then?

Yay Tuesday!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What tire have you ripped?
minion SS. not a rip, smallish puncture, maybe 4-5mm? it currently seems to be holding an appropriate amount of air after leaving said offending puncture at the low point so sealant could do it's thing. just worried that when i hop back on and start riding it won't hold.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Just helped find two missing dogs while sitting at my desk.

My bike club got an email through our website that two pugs went missing on Sunday from a house near the trail system I take care of. I followed up to confirm doggos are still missing. They are.

Got a picture of the dogs from the daughter of the owners (she lives out of town, her parents house is near the trails). Make lost dog post with picture on our bike club FB page.

Get a text from a buddy in minutes telling me another friend (not on FB) saw them yesterday afternoon on his ride. I get in touch with him, he tells me the location. I know exactly where he means.

I make a quick map of the location and send it off to the daughter She gives me her dad's phone number and call him to give him directions to the spot.

30 minutes later he finds the dogs. Hell yeah.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Slooooooooooowwww at work. 'Tis the season to be slow in Mechanic-land..

Snowmaggedon is scheduled today, expecting 25-35 cm. Commute should be filled with fun dodging cars and idiots...

42 year old was struck by a semi while he was riding his bike. Cyclist ran a red light, no helmet. I can only assume he is one of the abundant homeless here.. serious condition. Managed to skirt around that traffic jam

need coffee...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So $480 for Tracer annual dentist bike maintenance - front ring, shock and fork rebuild, bleed brakes, replace all suspension bearings.
OUCH!
When you say shock and fork rebuild, what does that entail? Anything more than cleaning and new seals/wipers?
Brake bleed is DIY.
What size ring do you need/want? I've got a stack of spares!

OUCH!
When you say shock and fork rebuild, what does that entail? Anything more than cleaning and new seals/wipers?
Brake bleed is DIY.
What size ring do you need/want? I've got a stack of spares!
I neither specified nor reviewed details, just told them to go right through the bike. I did ask that all suspension bearings be replaced based on their failure history.

I know how to do everything that Earl's did, but I trust their wrenches and my shop space sucks. In particular, no heat in the winter.Thanks for the offer, but the ring has been replaced.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
are they a permanent solution or just a quick fix?
Both?

I used to pull the tire, clean and prep it, and then patch it from the inside, after using a plug to fix it on the trail. Now I'm lazy and don't bother with a patch. The plugs just get trimmed and stay in.

It may drop a few psi between rides, but I always check and reset my pressure before every ride anyway.

Unless the hole is too big, but in that case the plug (these plugs, anyway) wouldn't fix it on the trail either.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Finally watched Alien Covenant last night. It was amusing. Other than the fact that the entire plot seemed to revolve around everyone in the movie being profoundly stupid and shortsighted the only thing that bothered me was....

How the fuck is a solar sail supposed to generate energy. It's a propulsion system that uses radiation to push it like a sail uses wind. It doesn't generate energy WTF!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Finally watched Alien Covenant last night. It was amusing. Other than the fact that the entire plot seemed to revolve around everyone in the movie being profoundly stupid and shortsighted the only thing that bothered me was....

How the fuck is a solar sail supposed to generate energy. It's a propulsion system that uses radiation to push it like a sail uses wind. It doesn't generate energy WTF!!!
is that on HBO now? i still haven't seen it