Quantcast

WA Premier Desert Motorcycle Race - Desert 100

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey all you part time throttle twisters! :) The 36th annual Desert 100 is fast approaching. I am headed out there this weekend to help mark the course and put lots of miles on. :thumb:

If any of you guys (and gals) are interested or have questions let me know. I will even show you the good lines around the course. :clue:

It has been a long time since I have been this excited about the desert. :teacher: Me + Desert + Motorbike = FUN! :teacher:

http://www.stumpjumpers.org/dez100/

Me helping a drowned out bike out of the creek crossing.

Not me, but Braaaaaappppppp

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am so jazzed about riding there this weekend and then sweeping the Poker run the next weekend!

:( Now I would be even happier if my truck didn't get broken into at the Bothell Park and Ride yesterday.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
cove rider said:
That sucks hard core dude!
All in all I got off lucky.....missing stereo but no major damage to the dash, door, window, etc.

They got my tools (cheapy ~$100 collection of tools)

My Owners manual with my registration and insurance card.

My Kenwood motorized revolving face plate CD player.

Broke my Sunshade getting in (the tinted plastic thing over the side windows.

Pulled my battery cable off to stop the alarm.

They put the dash back on and locked the door as they left. :rolleyes:

If they really messed up my truck I would be totally pissed.

Rhino

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
is the trail just one long trail or do you do a bunch of laps?
i have a cr85r and i know i wouldnt have enought fuel for the whole race so is there a fuel stop?
this sounds like a lot of fun....

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Im not positive never done the race before but i think people pre plan stopping points to refuel but it is also a two lap race that makes up the 100 miles so i dont know i think rhino would know more than I

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Dan89 said:
is the trail just one long trail or do you do a bunch of laps?
i have a cr85r and i know i wouldnt have enought fuel for the whole race so is there a fuel stop?
this sounds like a lot of fun....
Cove got it right.

Each lap is about 40-45 miles with a start "loop" that adds another 5-15ish miles.

I have raced the event when I had an 80 and carried a quart bottle of premix in my fanny pack and another duct taped to my number plate, just incase.

The 15 and under class runs one lap (plus the start lap) and I would gas after the start lap and start out with a fresh tank. Depending on how it is laid out.....I will find out more as I ride there this weekend. :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Trails were NICE this weekend.

Burned 4 gallons of gas and am pretty sore. Haven't ridden mileage in a long time. :D

For anyone looking to do the poker run....get an early start on Sat and experience some awsome trails and views. The area is still green. :thumb:

There is free wireless internet access at the camp site, so brign your lap tops.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
cove rider said:
Sweet! me and showa are in moab right now w00t. Hey what kind of bike do you ride (dirtbike i mean)?
2004 Suzuki RM 250 (2 stroke) Only had her a couple months. Grew up riding dirt bikes....in the club. But college (CWU in Ellensburg)is where I was hooked on MTBing. So after a loooooooooong absence I am back on a motorbike.

Are you guys swinging back by here for the race? :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
BTW...

See this girl in the picture? That crossing is about 32"s deep now....what do you suppose the seat hieght of a KX100 is? :devil:

We have alternative crossing....but damn is Crab Creek high right now. lol

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
RhinofromWA said:
BTW...

See this girl in the picture? That crossing is about 32"s deep now....what do you suppose the seat hieght of a KX100 is? :devil:

We have alternative crossing....but damn is Crab Creek high right now. lol

DOH! Speaking of ladies....was Sara out racing?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Snacks said:
DOH! Speaking of ladies....was Sara out racing?
I beleive she was racing an enduro last weekend. I hope she makes it out for the Desert 100.

So she can see how the big dog eats.....

....her dust. She is getting faster all the time. :thumb:

BTW the seat hieght of a KX100 is less than 32" :teacher: Or about 12" when I sit on one. :rofl:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
RhinofromWA said:
2004 Suzuki RM 250 (2 stroke) Only had her a couple months. Grew up riding dirt bikes....in the club. But college (CWU in Ellensburg)is where I was hooked on MTBing. So after a loooooooooong absence I am back on a motorbike.

Are you guys swinging back by here for the race? :D

Nice bike i want to get a 250 two stroker here soon before they stop making them that is, ive got a cr125r right now but for out in the oregon dunes you gota go with the 250 anyway.

Im not sure if we are gonna make it or not, we leave moab thursday evening and arrive in seattle somtime friday night so its up to Showa cause he is the one racein i still have a compressed vertibrae so i would just be taking pictures. I think he is still thinking about it but i will ask once he gets back from the days ride today.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
cove rider said:
Dang that water is high, hopefully it drops before race day
I wasn't shown but there was talk last weekend of optional crossings that aren't as deep.

Either way I will be at what ever they choose to help bikes out.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
cove rider said:
What a nice guy helping out the noobs get out of thee water:thumb:

hehehe just kiddin. Hey what arent you doing the race?
Well as a club member we staff the event and make it happen. :thumb:

I rode a bit :D last weekend, marking the trails. I will sweep ride Sat during the poker run and work the river crossing during the race.

It is a full weekend.

I am sure I will get enough miles on sweep riding that dragging bikes out of Crab creek will be a good thing.

I have raced it a few times in the past 14yo and under class (50 miles) and once my senior year in High school. I siezed my bike about 15 miles into the race while running in the top 20 but I was told I was within the top 15. That was the same time they started putting oxygenated gas in the pumps. :rolleyes:

I am to fat and been away to long from dirt bikes to race as fast as I WANT to race for 100 miles. The mind says twist the throttle a little more (just like old times) but the body says enough after a few miles. ;)

Rhino