Quantcast

wake the eff up! msa is this weekend, broflakes!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Hart being psyched was neat, but premature given who was coming down after him. Everyone knows that.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think you guys are seizing too much on the bike pump at the end. I was thought poorly of him long before this race happened, this was just another cringy moment

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
not sure if trolling or stupid..... but sam hill got 3rd place in champery.

different circumstances on the top 2 steps of the podium.
Champery was a gong show. No one who rode in the wet that year got in the top 20 except Hill. Would be epic to go back and see Hart and Gwin on that track as well.

For all the questioning of Hart's celebration - who cares? I'd be celebrating too if I even managed to get down that track in those conditions, let alone podium.

KAZHA

Chimp
Feb 20, 2015
Flat AF
Maaaan, it is funny when your personal opinion starts of internet war!
At least I am not only one with this mixed opinion about a certain bike handler person :\ and yes I agree with @4130biker that Hart won't be Hills equivalent - sad but true.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Dude there's no war.
I've known Danny to speak to since he was 13... Back then he was a quiet guy who just loved racing his bike... he's still the same in that respect.. DH isn't some huge mainstream sport in the world's sporting medias spotlight and the fastest guys in the world aren't really "Sports personalities" They're all just guys who also love to race their bikes. Grew up, and landed a paypacket for doing so.
It'd be weird not to be Celebrating just staying on at the pace he came down the hill on Saturday in those conditions.

Hill and Vouilloz at the top of their game were both shit at the "personality" bit you crave too. Just watch them ride their bikes and try to enjoy that. FFS!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
FWIW. Gwinn looked like a complete dork* running around low fiving the entire finishline crowd in his Pee Jays after he finished his run too... But I'm happy for him too. The entire crowd were going wild for both.

* but I think all cyclists look dorky in their kit doing anything but actually riding.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
While I agree with everything Gary says, I just want to point out the hatefest that has been typed out on this forum for Lord Bummer in the past. Lets all be honest with ourselves here, this is nothing new and maybe only controversial because it is about Danny for the first time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
While I agree with everything Gary says, I just want to point out the hatefest that has been typed out on this forum for Lord Bummer in the past. Lets all be honest with ourselves here, this is nothing new and maybe only controversial because it is about Danny for the first time.
yes, but Lord Bummer earned that title after years of misery.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Sorry to interrupt the shit show, but can someone give me an explanation of what exactly happened to Minnar? Did he go off course and that ended it? Did he go out and come back in farther down the course?....

Back on topic- HILL IS THE BEST EVER GARY!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry to interrupt the shit show, but can someone give me an explanation of what exactly happened to Minnar? Did he go off course and that ended it? Did he go out and come back in farther down the course?....
His hair got messed up in a crash. Was disqualified when he received outside help from his trackside stylist.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ

Back on topic- HILL IS THE BEST EVER GARY!
this is what happened to minnaar:

for realz: he washed the front end on a corner, went off course and (allegedly) didn't re-enter where he left.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Who tricked Minnaar into putting an intermediate knob on a DHR2?

Speaking of, does anyone know what tires Gwin, Hart, Brosnan (fast guys in the wet) were running? I though I heard something about Moir on regular tires...

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Who tricked Minnaar into putting an intermediate knob on a DHR2?

Speaking of, does anyone know what tires Gwin, Hart, Brosnan (fast guys in the wet) were running? I though I heard something about Moir on regular tires...
gwin - aquila
hart - shorty
brosnan - shorty

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Forgot to start his Strava and was disqualified.

for realz: he washed the front end on a corner, went off course and (allegedly) didn't re-enter where he left.
Loris stated he exited the course and then reentered one pole out from where he left and was DQ'ed. Might be just Syndicate lizard talk though. The DQ rule is always going to suck. They left it more open to interpretation for a year or so but it caused more arguments than it stopped (Rach @ Windham).

* but I think all cyclists look dorky in their kit doing anything but actually riding.
Even when riding their bikes if they're running single crowns and racing Enduro apparently.

They're all just guys who also love to race their bikes. Grew up, and landed a paypacket for doing so.
Absolutely. Gwin's "i love my job" statement wraps up just how stoked these guys are to be ripping skids on the best tracks in the world (and Leogang). I think watching professional and media-trained sportpeople in higher paid sports has made some viewers expect some kid of sanitised, rehearsed behaviour from the top WC guys. They're just hacks like the rest of us who managed to actually ride a bike pretty well. If I ever finished in the top 5 at a WC you'd get a far more expletive-ridden, beer-chugging, chest-thumping, cock-swinging performance than these guys are doing. Imagine if you were in Hart's shoes after that run.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
is danny hart's ego too big?
what caused gee atherton to devolve into what he is today?
is greg minnaar a gay man?
did sam hill get his DH tattoo covered up with an enduro tattoo?
was rachel atherton born an effeminate man who now dominates the women's class?
is steve peat a functional alcoholic?

these questions and more on this installment of 'ridemonkey : the 14 yr olds aren't just on pinkbike anymore'.