Quantcast

/.\ Wake up /.\

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wow I was totally out last night, best night of sleep in a week. Must have been the hour nap in the hammock after work that set the stage ( had to flee the house as Ruth was binge watching Sex and the City and that shit drives me up a wall)

Espresso then off I go. At least I never have to leave the city limits today vs driving over 2000 miles yesterday which kinda sucked

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday, wonderfuls! I did something rare and slept in this morning. Got an extra 90 minutes of sleep. Figured I better load up ahead of my phor-ay-em wake up time tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave: I have now dug up and potted eleven American chestnut seedlings from underneath our most productive tree. Next to plant them someplace where they will hopefully thrive. At this point we have six established trees, three of which are sufficiently mature to produce burrs.
if you ever feel like mailing some seeds i'd have a go at germinating them.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
woke up at 4 eh ehm. had indegestion from all the foods I ate yesterday, and because I can't move or switch position in bed, it was somehow pulling on my broken ribs. pain was so bad I could barely breathe. Had to take painkillers. Then one of my boys woke up at 5:30 eh ehm, and made a bunch of noise. I am tired. good thing I can sleep all day if I want to! :D my wife on the other hand... not so much.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Back from a 2200 mile roadtrip.

Original plan was Banff, DH at Kicking Horse, DH at Sun Peaks, DH at Big Sky with sightseeing and fly fishing mixed in.

A screwed up COVID test result coming through for my wife when we were already 7+hours into the drive meant no Canada.

So instead we headed across to Whitefish to DH, camping on a riverbank near Glacier NP. DH at Big Sky and Grand Targhee with lots of great camping spots along the way. Finishing off with a social call at @rideit 's house before the final drive home yesterday.

Favorite riding pic of the week, my wife at Whitefish:
20210917_071307.jpg

Favorite trail, Flat Earth at Big Sky.

Definitely need to head back there as the main lift was being rebuilt so all the very top of mountain trails were out of reach.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back from a 2200 mile roadtrip.

Original plan was Banff, DH at Kicking Horse, DH at Sun Peaks, DH at Big Sky with sightseeing and fly fishing mixed in.

A screwed up COVID test result coming through for my wife when we were already 7+hours into the drive meant no Canada.

So instead we headed across to Whitefish to DH, camping on a riverbank near Glacier NP. DH at Big Sky and Grand Targhee with lots of great camping spots along the way. Finishing off with a social call at @rideit 's house before the final drive home yesterday.

Favorite riding pic of the week, my wife at Whitefish:
View attachment 164956

Favorite trail, Flat Earth at Big Sky.

Definitely need to head back there as the main lift was being rebuilt so all the very top of mountain trails were out of reach.
i should come ride out west

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley signed up for orchestra last night. Cello. This will be rough. We tried to convince her to for rock band, preemptively volunteering @Nick to teach her guitar (hehehe). She chose cello. Oh well.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Week of family visiting is over for now. Looking forward to sleeping a little tomorrow.

Guess we will have lots of time to rest now with 5th wave lockdown coming in on Monday.. Just in time for another n-visit xmas...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just had an odd thing happen.

was taking something out to the garage, and saw that a giant pallet with a shed kit had been delivered. was confused as F because I did not order a shed. checked with my wife, she did not order a shed kit. turns out it was from costco. the shipping label and packing invoice from Costco both listed my wifes name, but an address in Sacramento, CA. Thankfully the driver and the truck were still there so I said hey this isn't mine we didn't order it. Somehow the paperwork he had listed our address, no idea how that happened. i showed him the packing invoice, but he was indifferent. we rejected the shipment, as i had no need for a tiny 6' x 5' shed (and didn't want to wind up getting charged for it). so he reloaded it and took it away. i pulled the item up on costco after her left and it was a $700 shed.

:confused:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

was taking something out to the garage, and saw that a giant pallet with a shed kit had been delivered. was confused as F because I did not order a shed. checked with my wife, she did not order a shed kit. turns out it was from costco. the shipping label and packing invoice from Costco both listed my wifes name, but an address in Sacramento, CA. Thankfully the driver and the truck were still there so I said hey this isn't mine we didn't order it. Somehow the paperwork he had listed our address, no idea how that happened. i showed him the packing invoice, but he was indifferent. we rejected the shipment, as i had no need for a tiny 6' x 5' shed (and didn't want to wind up getting charged for it). so he reloaded it and took it away. i pulled the item up on costco after her left and it was a $700 shed.

That was your free 16 year anniversary bong shed from RM.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
check your credit reports, jk

Stoney: Mariko plays violin and Yuna plays cello. First few months with Mariko in particular were very painful on the ears. Now it's more or less fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
credit reports are fine. there was nothing on our costco account, but I'll have my wife check her CC accounts (since this was in her name)

in looking at the costco invoice, both the "ship to" and "bill to" address were the same Sacramento address.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Stoney: Mariko plays violin and Yuna plays cello. First few months with Mariko in particular were very painful on the ears. Now it's more or less fine.
:stupid:

Carissa is becoming quite an adept violin player, at least to my ear. It was pretty bad the first year or 3. @stoney, if the kid wants to play an instrument, get her into it now, its a great way to expand their little worlds.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Last time I try to do something nice for you. Ingrate. :disgust1: