Quantcast

wallrides

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
One like that with a nice transition, you could probably just lean into it like it was a berm and do alright. With less transition, you kind of have to hop on. Timing and angle are key. I almost carve into it at a pretty good angle, though I am not very good at vertical walls.

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
The best thing you can do is drop your outside shoulder down. this will allow your bike to get more horizontal allowing you to actually get into a wall. you want your tires to be as square on the wall as they would be on the sidewalk as your riding. Keep trying, it will come if your persistent.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
here's a recent one of me. it's a bank-flat bank to wall, with about a 6ft drop. i guess it helps kind of explain the shoulder drop. i find from flat, hopping at it from further away and faster keeps me on there better.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This is a rather old, not very impressive picture of a nearly impossible to screw up wall ride I built in my old back yard. Okay it's more of a steep bank than a wall, but you get the idea.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Yep....

That was tonight's adventure. Mini James(on my bike)

He was doing some sick tables and X-ups off, but we didn't get any pics.

Tyler:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
using a vertical wall as a landing. . . . damnnnnnn.

@3:27

That's been one of my favorite youtube clips for years! :thumb:
Ruben is THE MAN. If I could pick a few pro BMXers to meet and hang out with, he'd be at the top of the list!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
damnnnnn.

"Brody Wilson and On the Pipe 6...
Brody Wilson is a professional FMX rider who resides in Templeton, MA. Brody is also one truly talented rider with so much bike control and style. Even when he is off his bike he is a very laid back and genuine kid."
http://blog.michaelquiet.com/