Quantcast

Warranty information

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all,

from my previous posts you realized that i am on the buy for a new frame. I am heavily confused with warranties though. Here is the story. I am doing a Phd now in the UK, after 2-3 years i will move out of the UK back to Greece. I would like to know how on earth i will be covered by a warranty back in Greece. For example, Marin UK warranties frames for UK purchased and more importantly for UK residents ONLY. I presume that many companies have the same policy. US residents etc.... Obviously i dont want to buy a 1500$ frame and realize that after 3 years a crack develops, i am in Greece, noone warranties my frame and i end up having wasted 1000-1500$ for a high end frame. Sorry about the post people but i contacted most of the UK distributors and the all told me silly stories. I need your expert advice on this ... The companies i am considering for a frame are :
Specialized
Marin
Litespeed
Cove
Santa Cruz

Phreaddy

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
New York City
Don't know how it works in Europe, but in North America, for example, a US warranty is good on an item purchased in the US. It doesn't matter where the owner is from, or where the owner ends up living, even outside the US -- as long as the original receipt shows that it was bought in the US, it's covered by US warranty.

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
And the shop you are dealing with in the UK saying warranty is only good for UK residents, sounds like a bunch of hooey. I have a road frame on order from an awesome shop in the UK, www.maestro-uk.com and as far as warranty is concerned, if I was to have a problem I would have to ship the frame back to the shop in the UK, but I would still have coverage under the terms of the warranty.