Quantcast

Washington area teams

I was wondering if its too late to try and get on a washington area DH team. Im basically asking if there are any teams that are looking for a begginer or sport DH and slalom (is it 4x now?) racer. what i ride is in my tag, i can send my previous race results if needed. with that said, anybody know how the liscencing for WIM races works?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Racing for a team is great but racing solo is fun too. Why exactly do you want to race on a team? Your best bet is to go to the races, talk to the teams, present yourself in a mature fashion. I had no intent on racing for a team when I started out, it kind of just fell into my lap, the next year I was asked to join a different team. As a youngin you can get in pretty easy actually. Good luck with it.

As for a license, in beginner or sport you can buy the day license but if you plan to race for overall category points for the series you need a season norba license. You can buy them on site at the first race or get the form from usacycling.org. Check out www.roundandround.com for more info on the wim series.