Quantcast

Washington I-90 Trails need your help

Click on the link and send a quick letter to show your support. The following from BBTC:

Time again for you to make a difference!

The Cle Elum ranger district recently issued a Wilderness proposal for the I-90 corridor, which for the most part would increase the borders of the existing Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Thanks to the hard work of your BBTC representatives and the relationships that BBTC has built over the years, we were able to provide some direction in the early stages and get our voices heard.

As a result, the I-90 Wilderness Study by the Forest Service includes two options that allow minor adjustments in the proposed boundaries to avoid closing three popular mountain bike trails. These trails are all available for loop rides. One of them, the Little Kachess trail, allows one to do a major 8 hour epic up and over No Name Ridge, one of the best rides in the state.

However the time for action is now - the Ranger district is taking public comment on the proposals. We need to make our voice heard and ensure the proposed options are implemented. Losing these trails to Wilderness is not an option!

You can make your voice heard right now, it'll take two minutes. Just go to:
http://www.bbtc.org/advocacy/campaign.php

And send off your letter supporting the boundary adjustments. Your feedback in the past has made a big difference, and will this
time as well. Do it now before you forget!

Thanks!

The BBTC Board