Quantcast

water at colonade

keener1830

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Tukwila, WA
So went to the ade on tues to get some riding in and work with my wifey on her skills. Everything was really dry had to find a good line. Went to water the lines down but couldn't figure out where the master water valve is. Could some one clue me in please.

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Hey Keener, thanks for wanting to help! Using the hoses is a big pain in the arse, but we do appreciate peeps watering the trails. The master valve is down in the dog park. You have to turn that on then follow the hose up the hill (it goes under one of the roads and pops back up on the other side). Then you've got to open all the valves the entire way along the hose until you get to the sprayer you want to use. Then make sure to shut them *all* off when you're done. One leaky hose and a valve left on overnight could tear out an entire trail and require tons o' work to repair.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i used to water the entire north half every couple of months. Washing the rocks of dust, really saturing the super dry areas. It takes around 8 hours to do it because it usually means 3 hours of hosing the trail before you lose your mind of boredom, and 1 hour setting up/putting away the hose, takes forever to do by yourself with the system we got there.

i always thought making some safe boxes with hoses for designated areas would be easier. What happens is hose get's left out, destroyed, stolen, not enough hose is out there to use for the whole park, if you want to water a certain section you gotta find it, roll it up, drag it all over, and set it up. Takes hours and hours to do...

Plus there are only 2 places we can tie in for water, by the dog park and the top of Limestone Loop. It's too bad there weren't more out there, would make it easier. Could you imagine 5 or 6 water spiggits that you could just run a sprinkler to and leave them go while you ride. That would be the best...

If anyone bothered getting any more grant money for the Nade i would want it all put to the water problem, paving the roads, and soil hardener.