Quantcast

Watermark

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm hopeless at this kind of thing.

Who here has time on their hands and would like to make me a watermark to place on photos?

Basically wanting something along the lines of ©damianmcarthur or something along those simple lines. If you know how then to add it to Lightroom images using the Mogrify plugin, please tell me! I'm fkn lost.

I'll give you all my credits. :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I can help you out, Hof free.

Do you want a discreet watermark in the corner, or is this the big "Don't steal this image, you douchebags!" watermark that runs across the whole frame?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'd like something simple like this:

The only way I can apply this watermark in LR2 is with the Slideshow module which also puts that stupidly huge black border around the picture. I now have the 'Mogrify' plugin which I have no idea how to use, but apparently that is what I should be using...

It's not so much for putting my pics on the internet, it's for the riders to send to their sponsors...

I like this watermark in the Slideshow module as I can adjust the opacity and the size/orientation for each picture easily.

Cani I do this with the Mogrify plugin?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I haven't used LR3... However, in the export section of the Library module, you can tick the 'Add watermark' box, but it's shiite.

The Mogrify plugin seems to do the same thing. You have to have a saved image (watermark) to add, then you can choose where it goes in a 3x3 grid. The size is determined by pixels and you have no 'preview now' feature to see how it looks before exporting.

Thats what I like about the Slideshow module. You can see it and adjust it as you like then export it. Perfect except the damn black border...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have the Beta version of LR3 now. It has the watermark feature I wanted.
It also has a few new features that look pretty sweet.
Can't wait for the full release.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been playing about with Photoshop recently and i now know how to apply a watermark as a layer. I have been trying to apply a watermark integrating it into a scene where it is noticeable, but not intrusive:

But now I want a logo rather than wording. The best (well to be honest, the only one) I've come up with is this:

As you can see, I'm shiite at this sort of thing. The font is 'impact'. If you can imagine the outer rectangle is filled in with black and the outer corners more rounded perhaps.

Does anyone want to help me out here? I'm hoping there is someone here who could whip this up in seconds...

I just want something I can import into photoshop as a layer, warp/stretch/adjust opacity etc and then apply to an image like in the tilt shift pic above...