Quantcast

Wazzu! Question for you all...WSU peeps

I know I said I was done, and I am..but I have one question...and knew there was peeps here to help me...thanks

I went to pullman this weeknd for apple cup, I am going to try to attend school there next year. Ill be moving in August if everything goes right..but we will see but for now I was wondering what is there to do there, how close for snowboarding, Dh trails or DJ's? Give me the low down......

thanks,
Cory

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Everybody knows only losers go to wazzu.
Don't leave us. :(

Seriously, I have know idea except that the town is too small for me and way to cold for my blood.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Get off the crack, before it's too late!!!

Anyways even though i wouldn't know why in the world my twin Burien brother would be jumpin to the other side of the hills... i wanna wish you good luck on your ventures if i don't run into you before next August.
:)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mount Spokane, Scheitzer(schweitzer), 49 degrees North, and Silver Mountain are all close and Schweitzer, in particular, has great snowboarding.
I believe that you can get to the goods either here or dirtworld.com just by scrolling through the trail pages. There's lots of posyings for near the Spokane area. Just Google,"Spokane mountain bike DH" and you'll get some hits there.
Silver is supposed to be getting lift served, if they already haven't.
The snowboarding is pretty weak there though.
Get yerself a pass for either Mt. Spokane or 49. Both should have cheap student discounts.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
this is allsk8sno...
dh-we are in the process of building/rerouting some dh trails on moscow mtn but winter is here so no more till spring...but plenty of urban goodness to ride and a few trails on moscow aren't bad.
then as people said there is beacon and whatnot and afew places in idaho, north and south that are sweet! (like 4800' trail)
we take atleast one trip a month to someplace like this to ride outside of the area
silver is having lift access in the summer and this last summer they started building some trails and whistler type stuff so i hear though haven't seen it myself
also there are a few places in southern idaho that will have lift access but its like 4hour drive

for snow...we have 2 hour drive be it mt. spokane, silver, bluewood, little longer for schwietzer, and 49.

oh and so far our attmpts at permenant dj's is not good..but soon hopefully

i will be graduating next fall!! maybe more updates for stuff by then if we work lots this spring

Im 75% sure that I will be headed over there to finish school, but still have ALOT of thinking to do. I have lived here my whole life and need a change... So I am working on it now...well trying

I stayed in moscow last weekend and ate at Gambinos, drank a few "fish bowls" then hit up down town Pullman, it was a fun little town...but I still need to think about it all..Western is my only other choice...but I am still not sure...just trying to figure it all out.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
With 17,000 young people or maybe more there is a lot of stuff going on. Intramural sports are pretty popular. If your not into rock climbing or alpine climbing you might want to check that out. It would be a good place to get started. I think a couple of the guys that climbed K-2 way back when went to WSU. Pullman is a pretty cool town, I think the Pizza consumption has to be the highest per capita in the country.
Its kind of funny walking into the grocery store on Friday or Sat. They put two or three shopping carts up by the check outs and load them up with beer to restock. Seems like a lot of students forget their id when checking out.

Snacks said:
This is where I used to ski growing up in Kennewick

http://www.bluewood.com/index.html
Definently not baker, crystal or whistler but at least they have something... Looks like it would be fun to bike in the summer. I am trying to get into a radiography program and Spokanne area has a few. Maybe we could hook up and whine about how small everything is over there...On the other hand, you get alot more sun so that's a big plus in my books!

NineFingers said:
LOL, Yeah I've thought about going back to Ohio where there's nothing to do just to finish school. Definently would make it easier to focus on the studying. What are you after btw?
my degree was going to be in education..but I am thinking Buisness and communications minor..btu Im still deciding....both schools have great programs for both. But I felt so old at WSU..the girls were so hot..but so damn young! :dead: :think: But I did drink at the Coug..and this guy comes up to me as I am walking out the bathroom and hes like "dood, I havent seen you foreever, how have you been?" And I was nice back to him. then my brohter came in after I left and the guy was telling every one in the ****ter that Iwas a dick cuase I didnt remember him...LOL he was so tanked..so as I left the COUG I saw him again ..and was liek sorry dood, its beena year it didnt click, how have ya been :D

ioscope said:
WESTERN FOR ME... or UW... but I'm poor... WESTERN!!!

After researching this all..Western is back in the lead..picking a school is hard! But the Shore, Van Island, Whistler ....and family are ALOT closer than WSU..and I would be such a lush if went there...but Im still not sure...and Kai will be close to me..and Buildyourown can drive up and make fun of me there...its alot easier. :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bibs said:
Im confused......Yea I am back..but only cuase I am at work bored and no one is coming to work out. Yea, I am dissappionted in myself....glad I dont smoke..I would be screwed! :D
you're still in bad shape..you don't smoke and other people smoke you!?!?! ;)

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
sure it will, been rideing much as of late? i for got who told me but i heard you sold your turner...what u ridein now? as for the rocky its really really jacked, i am buying a red big hit comp soon. :dead:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Bibs consider CWU.......

:rolleyes:

:lots of riding and freeriding.........RP Taneum Lions Rock The "Book" Tanuem Ridge.......and so on. Oh and the "Water Tower" :) Many a after class jaunt out to there to play.

1.5-2 hrs from Seattle. Middle of state. Fairly high bar to citizen rate. There is the Recycle bike shop on main street.....tell Fred that I sent you. :) He won't remember me....but say it anyway. :D