Quantcast

We are behind the servicemen, all the way

What I been thinking is, the administration uses the most abused trick in the bag possible, "hey, let's use people's attitude about our boys in the military for our campaign to do somehting cool!"

People's love for the armed forces is unfortunately regularly manipulated into hate against other countries. It is always easier to fan up the domestic loyalty by self-claiming ourselves to be the best and most just regime on earth. Try tell that to the native Americans on the res and folks in inner city. We feel better when someone tells us that we can open a can of woop-ass on some camel jockeys and have a parade in town square. Next time, or better yet, now, let's seperate our emotional feelings for the military away from foreign policies.
What bothers me more is when people feel bitter against minorities because they happen to be the same skin color as the ones who killed the G.I.s in all our previous wars. For example, I wouldn't go near a Vienam Veterans July Fourth Picnic because I enjoy general good health. We hate other people because they "brutally" killed our boys who were just in THEIR backyard "shooting cans". Of course they'll kill every American they see. When was last time we allowed a Mexican Rachero walking around with a shotgun on our property?

Let's love our boys in the military like brothers, but keep an eye on the politicians who are the ones wasting lives of the G.I.s. The Iragis didn't exactly knock on our door to ask for trouble. We gave it to them. Remember that.