Quantcast

We Lost One

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We just lost one.

We just lost access to an amazing epic trail because DHers are not giving way and acting like a$$es. Because they blow by hikers are mach 5 and don't pull off for them, because they don't thank the hikers that do pull off, because they don't slow down when passing, because they act like everyone should get out of their way.

I got to do this 3 (3.5 if you count the time we went up halfway) times and it was one hell of an epic trail to ride. You felt like you were in a totally different world and physics seemed to bend way up there on the peak.

It's not the riders that work on trails, lead groups, are involved. It's the selfish douchebags that never take any time to do the right thing and don't care what effect their actions have on other people.

This is a huge downer because there isn't much else around like it.
G0147363.JPG
G0167417.JPG

G0247510.JPG
GOPR7414.JPG

G0189099s.jpg
G0157411s.jpg

We just lost one.

We just lost access to an amazing epic trail because DHers are not giving way and acting like a$$es. Because they blow by hikers are mach 5 and don't pull off for them, because they don't thank the hikers that do pull off, because they don't slow down when passing, because they act like everyone should get out of their way.

I got to do this 3 (3.5 if you count the time we went up halfway) times and it was one hell of an epic trail to ride. You felt like you were in a totally different world and physics seemed to bend way up there on the peak.

It's not the riders that work on trails, lead groups, are involved. It's the selfish douchebags that never take any time to do the right thing and don't care what effect their actions have on other people.

This is a huge downer because there isn't much else around like it.
View attachment 129419 View attachment 129420
View attachment 129421 View attachment 129422
View attachment 129424 View attachment 129423
Sigh... Asshats be asshats.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nice to see someone pointing the finger at fellow riders rather than blaming another group.

Sucks to hear you lost access, it's a pretty awesome looking spot.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Nice to see someone pointing the finger at fellow riders rather than blaming another group.
That sounds like sarcasm, and if it's not, I apologize. But if it is...

It's definitively their fault. Being courteous to other trail users on a multi-use trail is probably rule number one of "don't get yourself banned from a trail." It's not the average mountain biker that's an asshat, it was a few douchecanoes that decided to strava their times, to go as fast as possible and fuck the consequences that ruined it for everybody. The reason dirt bikes have their own specific OHV areas and aren't allowed on most multiuse trails? Because it's almost impossible to be courteous to other trail users on one. It's very possible to not be a douche on a mountain bike, and those spewing shit nozzles who consciously decided not to are the reason the trail got closed.

I have a pretty low tolerance for douchebags who aren't courteous on multiuse trails. Go fast at resorts. Go fast at DH specific trails. Go fast on illegal trails on the DL. Go fast on multiuse, but for the love of god slow down when you see people and don't hit blind corners at mach 5000.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cockbags, all of them.

Just curious, as it doesn't really happen around here, how do they close the trail and enforce it?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That sounds like sarcasm, and if it's not, I apologize. But if it is...

It's definitively their fault. Being courteous to other trail users on a multi-use trail is probably rule number one of "don't get yourself banned from a trail." It's not the average mountain biker that's an asshat, it was a few douchecanoes that decided to strava their times, to go as fast as possible and fuck the consequences that ruined it for everybody. The reason dirt bikes have their own specific OHV areas and aren't allowed on most multiuse trails? Because it's almost impossible to be courteous to other trail users on one. It's very possible to not be a douche on a mountain bike, and those spewing shit nozzles who consciously decided not to are the reason the trail got closed.

I have a pretty low tolerance for douchebags who aren't courteous on multiuse trails. Go fast at resorts. Go fast at DH specific trails. Go fast on illegal trails on the DL. Go fast on multiuse, but for the love of god slow down when you see people and don't hit blind corners at mach 5000.
Nah not sarcasm at all, a huge chunk of bike riders are inconsiderate dicks, in Australia at least.
I tend to not ride in groups as everyone ends up trying to keep up with the most assholeish rider in the group, they may not be the quickest but they will be the one that doesn't really give a shit about rules for riders or common courtesy to people undertaking other activities.
Just because you are riding a trail doesn't mean it is for bikers only, hell it could have been formed by motorbikes, walkers or goats. I don't know why buying an expensive bike makes people think they have ownership of the trails, hell most riders won't even help on build days but the trails are still "theirs".