Quantcast

Weather Report?

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Anyone know the conditions for this coming weekend?

It's been raining nonstop here in NYC for the entire week... depressing, yes.....

Last edited:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Everytime I've checked this week it's said rain saturday and no rain sunday.

Last weekend it said the same thing, until friday when it switched it to the opposite. So really, they don't know what's going to happen. I'm riding saturday though, so I'm hoping their forecast is wrong.

Feb 29, 2008
I don't even check the weather anymore. I'm going regardless and I don't have any special rain gear so it doesn't really affect my decision making process at all.

Although, I might check it, because if it's going to be muddy, I'm going to bring my own hose so I don't have to wait in the long ass bike wash line. Haha.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I usually go as well, but sometimes "knowing" what the conditions are can you prepare for the type of days you are going to have.

I think it's a race weekend, so if really wet, some trails might be closed and we will be limited to a few open trails....... :-(

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
I usually go as well, but sometimes "knowing" what the conditions are can you prepare for the type of days you are going to have.

I think it's a race weekend, so if really wet, some trails might be closed and we will be limited to a few open trails....... :-(
weekend after is the first race weekend (16-17)

Cazzamazza

Chimp
Sep 17, 2006
I checked last week and it said showers on Saturday and now it says sunshine and cloudy! I will be riding either way! I am used to riding in the pissing rain and wet!

Feb 29, 2008
Are they planning on using Alpine for the first race course? I thought maybe that's why it was closed last weekend. I wonder if they'll open it this weekend. I hate domboo so much for some reason.

jbro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
I heard they were redoing the doubles on alpine and thats why it was closed.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Haha, in typical "we don't have a clue what's going on" fashion, the weather report for saturday now looks awesome.

Yes, my job is boring enough that I'm checking weather websites feverishly.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I heard they were redoing the doubles on alpine and thats why it was closed.
I think alpine just needs to be maintained. There were trees on the trail. Double is gone...

WEATHER from noaa:
Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Southwest wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind 7 to 13 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, there were trees down on alpine and hay that hadn't been cleared off yet.

I just want to be able to get to SRAM berm and the new tables without having to ride Domboo. Or Slayer. I tried that way last time and it was clearly above my pay grade.