Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greyhound, you're late. But we'll let is slide as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Today is my FRIDAY. I'm very much looking forward to the weekend and I'm having a hard time focusing on work (well, more so than usual). I think I'll excuse myself from work a little early today.

Emkay3

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Dirty Jersey
Im actually about to head out on my new bike for a few hours. (mojave 8.0). I have to work this weekend so i have to plan accordingly..

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Just completed the 'Pleney-athon', a fortnightly race competition on the Pleney in Morzine. The idea is to complete as many runs as you can of the famous Pleney DH track in a 2 hour limit. Chris Kovarik holds the lead with 9 runs.

I managed 8 runs, coming second place matching today's winner (kiwi Craig Pattle), but a few seconds behind him. Good fun.

The competition is primarily a fundraiser for Steven Murry, who has broken his back in BMX. 10 yoyos gets you entry fee and all moneys go to help him. Check here for more info. 30-odd people turned up to compete today, so it was a good turn out for Steven's cause.

Today was hot and busy. Real busy. Slow lifts and crowds are my excuses. I finished my 8 runs with 11 mins to spare before the timer ran out, but decided a 9th run couldn't be done in that timeframe.

The last 2 runs were damn scary. Barely holding on in the rougher sections, your forearms are so pumped up, I had to loosen my watch off a bit. Scary moments. I had somehow grabbed 2 right-hand gloves from home, so rode with one turned inside out. What a beginner's mistake.

http://www.myspace.com/murraystrong

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. On vacation finally and prepping to leave tomorrow to do the C&O canal bike trip for the next 6 days. Busy stuff.

Oh, for all those that commented on my having to do the 187 mile trip on the DH rig, thanks and I appreciate it but a math error revealed that I had actually won the challenge against our Scouts so I don't have to take the DH rig. To show compassion for them, I am doing it on my regular hardtail bike, which is actually only 11 pounds lighter than the X3. Just as well, went to prep the DH bike for the trip and the BB decided to blow up less than a half mile from home!

I'll post a good ride report next Friday with pics, hopefully.

Have a good Humpty Hump day

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a nice night chillin with my kids last night. They were in NY all last week. I think Liam and Connor both grew an inch while they were gone.

Today is the big 4 Oh for me...........maybe Laura and I will have a nice dinner out somewhere to celebrate.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. 2 rounds to T-storms this AM and it's still raining a bit outside. Had a nice ride at Spier Falls last night. I managed a couple of climbs and even some of the techy stuff in the wet with my hardtail (yes, I am crazy enough to ride it down the mystery trail that the DH guys practice on). No bad crashes either :D

Syd & I are going grocery shopping soon...should be fun. We need beer for the weekend :cheers:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Today is my Friday, also, and I'm stuck in the office. My shot for today in White Plains got cancelled due to the rain (bunch of wimps).

Tonight is pack the truck and tomorrow we head to her parents to take care of some things for some event that is supposed to happen next year, and to drop off the dogs.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning!

Yeow, running late today. Finally got to work only 8 minutes late which was pretty amazing for the time I started out.

It's the wife's birthday today, baked a devil's food cake iced with chocolate fudge frosting, both from scratch. We'll see how the fruits of those efforts turned out tonight.

Have a good day.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Good night last night. Got a lot done at work and the kids slept . . ok. Today all the supervisors are in leadership training so not much is going on, but I am on standby because things have a tendency of going nuts really fast, but calm down just as fast when they are doing these seminars.
I got a new toy in via UPS that I have been waiting for. Nikon P5100 with the wide angle accessory lense. This little baby is sweet and I look forward to taking some nice riding shots with it.
This evening I am hoping to get pretty much the rest of my fence posts in so I can get the 2x4s in and plank. My goal is to have the fence done by the end of the weekend. There seem to be a good many Nay sayers in regards to me finishing on time for my son's b-day next Saturday. I want to kick dirt in their faces :-)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. 2 rounds to T-storms this AM and it's still raining a bit outside. Had a nice ride at Spier Falls last night. I managed a couple of climbs and even some of the techy stuff in the wet with my hardtail (yes, I am crazy enough to ride it down the mystery trail that the DH guys practice on). No bad crashes either :D

Syd & I are going grocery shopping soon...should be fun. We need beer for the weekend :cheers:
Hooray for the Mystery Trail! God, I haven't been up there in a year (since I built up my R9 and pushed it up the Mystery Trail!) I miss Spier Falls....Glad you had a good ride, glad it didn't downpour.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Greyhound, you're late. But we'll let is slide as long as it doesn't become a habit.
Yeah...I'll try and do better tomorrow. Pedal to the metal from the word go today.

Hope everyone is having a decent day so far....

Yesterday evening was full of stuff. I got off work and had time to mow the yard before picking up Colin at daycare. I got dinner prepped(chicken tacos--yummy) while I had a few minutes when Colin got occupied with an old Nokian tire I left downstairs. As soon as Justine got home, I headed over to Nice Guy Mike's to throw some dirt around for about an hour. We're building a good-sized new line and are on the third set lander. I got home, hooked the tacos up, watched a few minutes of the bewb tewb and crashed harder than Kirstie Allie on Jennie Craig's diet plan. I think I got bit on my big toe by a spider or some kind of critter at some point in the evening....it's all itchy and stuff. I hope it doesn't fall off.

A little dirt jumping planned for this evening at nice Guy Mike's....first time back since I krunked myself up pretty good out there on an overshot hip jump, so I'm kinda nervous but pretty confident I'll be OK. Y'all have a great evening!!