Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
-12°F out. - 26° with the wind. Brrr. Gotta drive a shortbus of my own this morning; going to bring my wife to her appointment to the orthopedic surgeon to check how the leg is healing.

Maybe we'll go to the new science and tech museum this afternoon. I think it's too cold to go tobogganing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Balmy 9F here, going to ~0F tomorrow morning. I was hoping for at least one ski trip to NH this week but alas, with the temperature maximums in negative singles and windchill down to negative teens, I think I'll skip.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Back into work to wrap a project by the end of the year. Would rather finish up my vacation days, but deadlines are deadlines and I want this project done. So let's get it done.

@slyfink you win the coldest morning so far. I was -1 when I came into work. We are gonna be in single digit highs for the next 7 days. I need to find some pogies for my Phat spaceship.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Holy hell, the office is bare. Wife and I were out of town Sunday and it snowed at the house. The boy sent me some pics and a video of Abbeys first snowfall and it was awesome. Christmas was kinda a bust due to the whole visitation situation. Lil Man was supposed to be there first thing in the morning, then noon, then "we are opening gifts at 2PM..." he finally showed up at 8:30 that night. We kinda had dinner, did quick gifts and let him stay up until almost 10 playing with his new crap. Decided to just chill yesterday and built some cool Hot Wheels track setups. Still haven't even tried the boosters yet.

Glad to see most monkeys survived the weekend. Three day week, lets get it over with already.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning!
Christmas Eve with my parents, bro & wife & cute pup, + my fam was fun! Seahawks won (that was unexpected at this point), so what a gift for us!
Had hubs' parents, cousin, and aunt over for Christmas afternoon and dinner, an a good time was had by all then too! Santa brought Lucas the Nerf Elite Rhino, which everyone now wants for their work offices... it's pretty badass and we used it plus all other owned nerf devices to ambsh Buffalo when he walked in the door after work last night, it ruled! He also got this giant Ninjago Lego set that he is diligently working on. It's pretty awesome to see him focus like this.

Our Christmas with all of Buffalo's bros, parents, etc is next weekend, as the bros and fams are out of state. So mom and pops in law have been house sitting for one and dog sitting for the amazing, sweet, and arthritic 16 year old tall golden. They brought her down to our place yesterday, but moving her up and down stairs and doing all the meds and everything was proving a lot for a full week, so we took her in here. After losing both our dogs last year, we were pretty excited to take on this house guest all week! She is currently panting loudly in my ear. My arms are also tired, she is heavy! I should be buff by the time we take her home ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Holy hell, the office is bare
How's the job security situation as of late?

I'm at work. Drove in because 14 degrees and still sleep deprived despite getting 8 hours last night. I have a shit-ton of things to do around the house after work today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Helped setup my friend Danielle's boyfriends new fat bike. Boy was it cold out. He was cool about it. Paying attention always helps your cause...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How's the job security situation as of late?
About as unsure as ever. It was funny/sad on Friday talking with some folks here. There was a common theme "you know who you work for, right?" There seems to be a head count theme on my team as there has been considerable turnover (14 people since I got here 18 months ago) and for a team that is all of 7 FTE's and about 5 contractors, that seems like a lot for a company where most folks retire. Not entirely sure, but it seems like they don't want to fire me, just make things awkward until I quit, I guess. So I continue to do what was asked, continue to look, continue to apply, and continue to take online courses to hone my skills for whatever may be next. Here or otherwise. At least I am here through the end of year. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
chilling with the kids. worked on spot in fence where dog keeps digging under. gonna take dem rugrats to one of those indoor trampoline places in a few...would rather be digging or riding...mebbe tomorrow

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
im hungry.
yoga tonight with the lady then ramen at the izakaya.
thats really all i got

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nerf guns rule!
I nearly bought myself that ridiculous setup after the wife bought herself a gun (CS-18 with extra clip)to terrorize the neighbor kids. All the kids in the hood have at least a couple, but the spoiled kid across the street has all the guns. I bought one to mod but still haven't, MadDog got a similar one to mine with 2 chambers. I bought a box of 500 glow bullets of ebay for like $5 and now there are bullets all over the hood.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am all Christmas out. Too much food, too much doing noting, too much rain. Finally home and the fireplace is warming me and the house up. Also just had a Cesar Salad which hit the spot after all the heavy food. However got a bad tooth and a left foot that has been giving me trouble for two weeks. Trying to get some of that fixed tomorrow but not the way I had hoped to head into 2018.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
LOL I thought it was cold yesterday....

I'm going home to eat warm pizza.

Buddy snapped his chain at literally the furthest part of trail from the car. Instead of humming and hawing over how to fix it in the freezing cold, I just said fuckit start hiking. He wasn't too much slower than me on the bike...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I nearly bought myself that ridiculous setup after the wife bought herself a gun (CS-18 with extra clip)to terrorize the neighbor kids. All the kids in the hood have at least a couple, but the spoiled kid across the street has all the guns. I bought one to mod but still haven't, MadDog got a similar one to mine with 2 chambers. I bought a box of 500 glow bullets of ebay for like $5 and now there are bullets all over the hood.
I had a friend who had a shit ton of them & no matter what a shoot out was always guaranteed. so much fun.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I win stupid today.

Wifey is not allowed to drive for another week post c-section, so MIL has to drive anywhere. Haley's car seats are a bitch to put in. Neither Wifey nor her mom can put in the normal seats. Because of this, she's been using the booster we float between cars for the last week depending on which car she's in. The last car she drove in was my car, which is currently at my office with me. They need to drive to the DMV to pay our 2018 property taxes in advance and it has to be done today. If not, Wifey's mom needs to drive 35min out of the way (which is terrifying because she's a scared driver) to go to the county seat so they can pay there. Ugh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I win stupid today.

Wifey is not allowed to drive for another week post c-section, so MIL has to drive anywhere. Haley's car seats are a bitch to put in. Neither Wifey nor her mom can put in the normal seats. Because of this, she's been using the booster we float between cars for the last week depending on which car she's in. The last car she drove in was my car, which is currently at my office with me. They need to drive to the DMV to pay our 2018 property taxes in advance and it has to be done today. If not, Wifey's mom needs to drive 35min out of the way (which is terrifying because she's a scared driver) to go to the county seat so they can pay there. Ugh.
sounds like YOU need to leave work early, to take care of bidness!

Winner.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I win stupid today.

Pay by phone?

/me is on hold endlessly with the Denver County treasurer waiting to do exactly this

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hilo had been put together and failed to move during a ride in 18F, I am not amused (nor surprised). Also had to fix a broken nipple in the rear wheel which meant futzing around with the terrible Schwalbe studded tire, another tire level bit the dust. This afternoon's ride was good if a bit chilly, yet not as chilly as what is coming tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hilo had been put together and failed to move during a ride in 18F, I am not amused (nor surprised). Also had to fix a broken nipple in the rear wheel which meant futzing around with the terrible Schwalbe studded tire, another tire level bit the dust. This afternoon's ride was good if a bit chilly, yet not as chilly as what is coming tomorrow.
My "cheap" KS supernatural post, after however many thousand of kilometers (500 internal server error ATM, unable to compute freedom-miles), is still chooching pretty good. Its slow, but still works. Unlike that POS Reverb, which got stuck down right before some hooooooooge climbs.

Mind you, technically it can be rebuilt at home, but I'll most likely send it away and have them increase the internal pressure for MOAR nut bashing rebound in the cold weatherz.

This doesn't help at all, but yeah. I feel your dropper post pain. :cheers:

My "cheap" KS supernatural post, after however many thousand of kilometers (500 internal server error ATM, unable to compute freedom-miles), is still chooching pretty good. Its slow, but still works. Unlike that POS Reverb, which got stuck down right before some hooooooooge climbs.

Mind you, technically it can be rebuilt at home, but I'll most likely send it away and have them increase the internal pressure for MOAR nut bashing rebound in the cold weatherz.

This doesn't help at all, but yeah. I feel your dropper post pain. :cheers:
perhaps this is why you have been reporting a cold cornhole... :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The neighborhood I lived in while at Art School did something similar, only with bottle rockets and LSD, one Fourth of July.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got a pair of 100% Brisker gloves for Xmas and test drove them at Thuper Awethum in the mid 30s. Perfect combo of regular glove (palm side) and winter neoprenish insulation something or another glove. Kept my digits nice and warm. Even took them off and stuffed them down my jacket to hit the shed. Put them back on and they had retained their heat, sweaty, but still warm.

Would definitely bang again.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got a pair of 100% Brisker gloves for Xmas and test drove them at Thuper Awethum in the mid 30s. Perfect combo of regular glove (palm side) and winter neoprenish insulation something or another glove. Kept my digits nice and warm. Even took them off and stuffed them down my jacket to hit the shed. Put them back on and they had retained their heat, sweaty, but still warm.

Would definitely bang again.
Great gloves. I got a pair after riding with Sandwich who has them, too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have those as well. Great gloves that keep you warm, without feeling like you're wearing lobster claws or something.