Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not wanting to be left out of the bike packing craze, I developed a new pack. I call it the ReCycler as you can put all your crap into it and it won't weigh the bike down during your trip. Access is a little complicated as you have to ride back to it, but not having the additional weight on your bike is ideal. It rides like there is no pack attached to it! Forest Green colorway shown, comes also in Municipal Blue and Disposal Orange. ;) :D

Bikepacking.jpg

Not wanting to be left out of the bike packing craze, I developed a new pack. I call it the ReCycler as you can put all your crap into it and it won't weigh the bike down during your trip. Access is a little complicated as you have to ride back to it, but not having the additional weight on your bike is ideal. It rides like there is no pack attached to it! Forest Green colorway shown, comes also in Municipal Blue and Disposal Orange. ;) :D

View attachment 165145
What year and model? Looks similar to but not the same as my 2015 Tracer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have you considered becoming a Life Coach? I think you may have missed your calling. :homer:

A friend of a friend is a Life Coach. One of the whiniest train wrecks of a person I have ever met. She always takes time to criticize my diet as being uncommitted to my health, while I am doing pretty damn good for my age she is constantly complaining about various ailments.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A friend of a friend is a Life Coach. One of the whiniest train wrecks of a person I have ever met. She always takes time to criticize my diet as being uncommitted to my health, while I am doing pretty damn good for my age she is constantly complaining about various ailments.
A good friend's brother is a life coach. He launched his business at 25. But like, how can you help coach someone else's life when you've barely lived your own?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Got it. I like mine a whole lot.
Not arguing that it is not a good bike. :cheers:
I personally just do not like that they moved production overseas, that is why I do not want to own any of these frames. Pitty, because the Spider 275 Al looks like a super fun bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1632335861406.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A good friend's brother is a life coach. He launched his business at 25. But like, how can you help coach someone else's life when you've barely lived your own?

A while back I was working on one of my old Volvos, a couple of Mormon kids rolled down my driveway and offered to "teach me" the ways of the world. I explained I was twice their age and I doubted there was anything they could teach me, anyway I was busy. They offered to help me, so I showed them how to replace jets on a carburetor, tune said carb and set the timing on an old distributor. I then showed them the fuel injection system I designed on the other Volvo. They thanked me and as they walked I way I told them there is a difference between just repeating what someone told you and actually teaching someone something. I felt like it was one of my better executed moments on this planet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A while back I was working on one of my old Volvos, a couple of Mormon kids rolled down my driveway and offered to "teach me" the ways of the world. I explained I was twice their age and I doubted there was anything they could teach me, anyway I was busy. They offered to help me, so I showed them how to replace jets on a carburetor, tune said carb and set the timing on an old distributor. I then showed them the fuel injection system I designed on the other Volvo. They thanked me and as they walked I way I told them there is a difference between just repeating what someone told you and actually teaching someone something. I felt like it was one of my better executed moments on this planet.
One might say you are an influencer for that.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
that's what my kid rides. i loved my 2009 uzzi.
View attachment 165153
Nice! :thumb:
Mine is a medium but I would love to try a large at one point. So far unsuccessful in acquiring one. Alternatively I would take a Tracer 275 in large, but only the US-made version with G1 dropouts. Sticking 26-ers in it would make it a fun bike IMO.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nice! :thumb:
Mine is a medium but I would love to try a large at one point. So far unsuccessful in acquiring one. Alternatively I would take a Tracer 275 in large, but only the US-made version with G1 dropouts. Sticking 26-ers in it would make it a fun bike IMO.
this one's a medium; my uzzi was a large and i always wished it was longer. might raw this tracer at some point for fun

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had a call with someone asking for help with her retirement accounts. I was asking about her debt (teacher), emergency fund (young & single), etc. while we were talking and she mentioned that she's worked with a financial counselor to go through all of that stuff. I let her know that part of my svcs are that as well, and I'm free, so why not have the conversation.

She had paid this guy $1600 to be told to put 15% of her income into retirement, aggressively pay off all her schools loans (fixed 2%, possibly eligible for forgiveness) and a car loan at 1.9%, and only once those were all paid off, should she be saving for a house (but only enough so that she'll be able to buy with 5% down), then to put money into an investment acct with higher fee.

This girl had no emergency fund. Her loans were all fixed low rate and most open for potential forgiveness. And was working 3 jobs to just survive. If she had followed those recommendations, she would never had made headway in her life. Plus she was going to get the state pension, so she had to work to a specific age, no matter what.

This is simple math. No emergency fund + no extra income = going negative if something happens and no way to get out from under it. Why pay off something that will either 1) get forgiven or 2) has a lower rate than inflation? Um, hello? Inflation hedge? By cutting her retirement plan savings, she'd have her emergency fund and 10% down payment in place in 2 years. And assuming what she would be willing to pay for a house (inflation adjusted up), her payment would end up being $300/m less than the mtge. That would be turned around back into her ret savings. The math said that had she followed plan, she wouldn't be able to think about buying a home for at least 15 years. Our route? 3 years out as an option. Invested difference $80k at 60. She's 27. That means nothing based on the lifestyle and total NW we're talking about. Oh, and she wouldn't need the income from her adtl jobs to make it happen. She could go about being just a teacher.

Turns out this guy was a friend* starting his own business and had negligible financial background. Few years at a bank. WTF people?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I had a call with someone asking for help with her retirement accounts. I was asking about her debt (teacher), emergency fund (young & single), etc. while we were talking and she mentioned that she's worked with a financial counselor to go through all of that stuff. I let her know that part of my svcs are that as well, and I'm free, so why not have the conversation.

She had paid this guy $1600 to be told to put 15% of her income into retirement, aggressively pay off all her schools loans (fixed 2%, possibly eligible for forgiveness) and a car loan at 1.9%, and only once those were all paid off, should she be saving for a house (but only enough so that she'll be able to buy with 5% down), then to put money into an investment acct with higher fee.

This girl had no emergency fund. Her loans were all fixed low rate and most open for potential forgiveness. And was working 3 jobs to just survive. If she had followed those recommendations, she would never had made headway in her life. Plus she was going to get the state pension, so she had to work to a specific age, no matter what.

This is simple math. No emergency fund + no extra income = going negative if something happens and no way to get out from under it. Why pay off something that will either 1) get forgiven or 2) has a lower rate than inflation? Um, hello? Inflation hedge? By cutting her retirement plan savings, she'd have her emergency fund and 10% down payment in place in 2 years. And assuming what she would be willing to pay for a house (inflation adjusted up), her payment would end up being $300/m less than the mtge. That would be turned around back into her ret savings. The math said that had she followed plan, she wouldn't be able to think about buying a home for at least 15 years. Our route? 3 years out as an option. Invested difference $80k at 60. She's 27. That means nothing based on the lifestyle and total NW we're talking about. Oh, and she wouldn't need the income from her adtl jobs to make it happen. She could go about being just a teacher.

Turns out this guy was a friend* starting his own business and had negligible financial background. Few years at a bank. WTF people?