Quantcast

& Wednesday &

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
With current manager, I had: Project status tracker (Excel spreadsheet), weekly 1hr meeting, and weekly report (1pg Word doc). I basically flat out told her I'm done with the weekly meetings, and luckily those ended a year or so ago.
That was my old gig. My whole team was in Australia and he felt I hadn't me enough folks in engineering locally. So he wanted me to go cube to cube starting awkward conversations as if I was a sex offender. In stead I jointed the "social committee". I then had access to the drink tickets at the holiday party. It was a short lived win.

I still have a lot of "weekly touchpoints" meetings (team and individual), but they tend to be 15 min and mostly painless. And I don't have weekly status reports.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like all the 6sp 540s came with the sport package, and I've read that the non/////m 4.4 v8 had less VANOS than the \\m (intake side only or something?). So maybe it's less of a bitch than the big m. I've read that the timing and cooling system are garbage, which I'm familiar with because Audi.
Sport /= to M-Sport. That was only 2003.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had no idea they even made a 5 series in a manual that wasn't ///m. I have always liked the lines of the 5's, but I fell in love with an M5 in my youth (1986). That car looked so damn good for a 4 door. But now I am interested in learning more of this manual 5.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My good friend had an A6. Based on his service bills, I always though the A6 stood for "Achtung". :D

That said, my Volvo was even worse. :mad:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I hate Audis
ftfy though I wouldn't kick another urQ out of bed.

Stoney, I should have known better than to second guess you on the BMW stuff. Is the 540i of prior years that much different than the m-sport 540? At the end of the day, the question is more of "Do I bother buying a $4k fun/project car?", rather than "Is the 540i an appropriate fun/project car?".

As for why I love punishment, I own two toyotas. They're real cars. I want something stupid I can park when it's time to get real.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my bad...so maybe subtle handling improvements.
More than subtle. It sits ~1" lower than the normal 5-series, .25" higher than the M. Larger sways (iirc), which is why they staggered, it is more ass happy than the sport and standard (but still far more reasonable than the M). The wheels while larger and also lighter, so less sprung weight and slightly better acceleration due to the lighter wheels. I also gets the M fascia, so better airflow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
More than subtle. It sits ~1" lower than the normal 5-series, .25" higher than the M. Larger sways (iirc), which is why they staggered, it is more ass happy than the sport and standard (but still far more reasonable than the M). The wheels while larger and also lighter, so less sprung weight and slightly better acceleration due to the lighter wheels. I also gets the M fascia, so better airflow.
i meant the s-line, but carry on...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was 99% certain that I was going to come home, hit the bong shed and goto sleep after work, with how tired I was feeling.

But GOD DAMN is the weather freakin' awesome. Took the bicycle out for a spin. It'll be nice when the new bike arrives.

Here, enjoy a picture taken with the potatoe that I found in my pocket.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Loading up the family truckster for a long weekend trip to Santos. Not sure it's worth it as warm and awesome as our Pisgah is riding right now. Ima bet I get heat stroke riding in 85 degree temps Friday. O'well variety is the spice of life. Am I right?

Canadmos, what bike you getting?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

In early so I can get out early and go ride my bicycle. Went to the LBS last night and turned my free monies into a King headset and a set of Ergon grips. Bye bye Cane Creak!

@Nick or @6thElement or @Full Trucker , any idea on Chimney and Apex conditions? I'll be riding this afternoon around 3:30 if either of you want to join.
As @Full Trucker noted during the ride, I'm riding Chimpex with people I met on Ridemonkey :)

Fun times.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
@Dirtrider gets to ride that shit all the time--the bastard. I guess if Pisgah was my backyard, I'd go to Florida once a year to remind me never to leave. Santos is actually vastly more fun that I would ever have imagined--I'd def go back.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
@Dirtrider gets to ride that shit all the time--the bastard. I guess if Pisgah was my backyard, I'd go to Florida once a year to remind me never to leave. Santos is actually vastly more fun that I would ever have imagined--I'd def go back.
It is a reality check. I do get a kick out of Florida rednecks. But seriously Santos is a great trail system that improves everytime I ride it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think you're safe. You'd only be banned if you were getting rid of the spitfire for a missing link. :busted:
The Spitfire will never go anywhere. That thing is my love.It has plenty of links to go missing. :brows:

@Dirtrider that bike will never see NC haha. Still have plenty of trails to try out. We almost ended up on the parkway when we had to abort the mission after Pilot Rock. :D

I could go for some Pisgah right about now.

The Spitfire will never go anywhere. That thing is my love.It has plenty of links to go missing. :brows:

@Dirtrider that bike will never see NC haha. Still have plenty of trails to try out. We almost ended up on the parkway when we had to abort the mission after Pilot Rock. :D

I could go for some Pisgah right about now.
So who couldn't go for some Pisgah right now?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Almost got taken out by a State Police Car on the Thruway. Fucking inches away from Disaster. He was flying when he lost control. Dukes of Hazard jump backwards into a culvert. Dodge exploded into a thousand parts. Not impressed. Cop was alright. Little Falls FD were some professionals. Waste management trucker was cool also, He got the cop out and on his feet until the ambulance came. We all should be glad folks like that exist... I was pretty much useless.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Waiting for this to show up... Please don't ban me. Giant Revolt 1 (two weeks).

:imstupid::wtf::ban:
Did it come with a new razor as well ?

Don't forget to lube up yer shorts with some Butt Butter.

WTF is going on ? We have a Cheeto for President, Spring is at least a month early and now you've gone roadie.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Is it because I wasn't able to make up to Brevard in December ? Damnit man ! I'm sooorry (Canadian spelling).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado