Quantcast

& Wednesday &

Almost got taken out by a State Police Car on the Thruway. Fucking inches away from Disaster. He was flying when he lost control. Dukes of Hazard jump backwards into a culvert. Dodge exploded into a thousand parts. Not impressed. Cop was alright. Little Falls FD were some professionals. Waste management trucker was cool also, He got the cop out and on his feet until the ambulance came. We all should be glad folks like that exist... I was pretty much useless.
Glad you're OK, Jim!

"Out and on his feet" ain't wise. Wait for the EMTs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did it come with a new razor as well ?

Don't forget to lube up yer shorts with some Butt Butter.

WTF is going on ? We have a Cheeto for President, Spring is at least a month early and now you've gone roadie.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Is it because I wasn't able to make up to Brevard in December ? Damnit man ! I'm sooorry (Canadian spelling).

All your fault. :busted:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Almost got taken out by a State Police Car on the Thruway. Fucking inches away from Disaster. He was flying when he lost control. Dukes of Hazard jump backwards into a culvert. Dodge exploded into a thousand parts. Not impressed. Cop was alright. Little Falls FD were some professionals. Waste management trucker was cool also, He got the cop out and on his feet until the ambulance came. We all should be glad folks like that exist... I was pretty much useless.
No pictures? :disgust1:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Run away from that. No history or service records. Even normal 'needs work' cars with that mileage are $13-18k.
Oh, I wouldn't buy one at all, I don't have that kind of time. Mine was just over 14k with 70k on it and needed nothing ($48k sticker in '01). In 3 years and another 70k, I've done nothing but the clutch and brakes outside of wearables. I will get to the ball joints and wheel bearings in a week or 2. Everything I've replaced so far has been upgraded as well.

I will always lust after the ///m (mostly the E30 M3), but unless I started playing AND win the powerball, I don't ever see having that level of stupid money.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh, I wouldn't buy one at all, I don't have that kind of time. Mine was just over 14k with 70k on it and needed nothing ($48k sticker in '01). In 3 years and another 70k, I've done nothing but the clutch and brakes outside of wearables. I will get to the ball joints and wheel bearings in a week or 2. Everything I've replaced so far has been upgraded as well.

I will always lust after the ///m (mostly the E30 M3), but unless I started playing AND win the powerball, I don't ever see having that level of stupid money.
Mine was ~$25k after picking it up from TN. I put another unexpected ~$6k into it to get it into a happy place (full 100k service at 90k while it was off the ground for the VANOS and winter wheels/tires). Could I have gotten a newer, more reliable car for that? Absolutely. Would it have been a car that I've wanted since it came out when I was 19? No. I intend on keeping this car until it dies. The only repairs I see coming up are the camshaft bearings in the next couple of years and a rust spot in the trunk from the LASER detector. Otherwise, the car is in a great place for a while.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mine was ~$25k after picking it up from TN. I put another unexpected ~$6k into it to get it into a happy place (full 100k service at 90k while it was off the ground for the VANOS and winter wheels/tires). Could I have gotten a newer, more reliable car for that? Absolutely. Would it have been a car that I've wanted since it came out when I was 19? No. I intend on keeping this car until it dies. The only repairs I see coming up are the camshaft bearings in the next couple of years and a rust spot in the trunk from the LASER detector. Otherwise, the car is in a great place for a while.
I joke that I could have gotten a used Civic to commute in, but it wouldn't be as fun. I know there are few cars that are as fun to drive as mine (chasing a 911 Turbo S down Rocky Point) regardless of price range and while I could put 300k on mine, the wife has said I can't do it and a $15k moto. And while the moto won't be nearly as fun in the twisties, it gets better mpg and is free to park at work (vs $13 a day).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I too have always wanted one...