Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride/Activity Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
OK, since so many of us are suffering from a lack of daylight, the DRT (daily ride thread) has been turned into the daily ride and activity thread. We prefer to hear about riding/cycling related things, but anything that helps you keep in shape for next season is also welcome in this thread. Keep in mind, the GMT thread is for crap no one cares about... let's keep the DRT interesting.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
last night of fall volleyball, we stomped on the 5th place team & pushed them into 6th/put us into 5th - not quite the 1st place we got in summer, oh well
midterm volleyball starts next week

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I skated last night with my son's hockey team and did all the wind sprints with them. That was pretty fun. Then I came home and took the Cheeta out for a real quick night spin because I knew it was going to pour rain. in between practice and the ride I surfed the web a bit looking for used full suspension and hardtail frames.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
in between practice and the ride I surfed the web a bit looking for used full suspension and hardtail frames.
Speaking of which, I've got some pics of the HollowPoint for you, but I'm having issues with one of my hard drives, so I can't get to them at the moment. Hopefully later today...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:

I got my plane tics for this:

link

Sweet!

I did weights again last night. I'm going to work legs today, but I am dreading it because I have not done legs in like three weeks. I am going to be in serious pain the rest of the week. :(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Started off on the TNUA ride. Got bored and broke away and hit the parks. I love nightriding. All in all it was a good ride. Looks like we will be getting a storm and hopefully it will be good snow so we can do freshie runs. I love riding in the snow. That is all......jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm glad I at least pedalled a little bit last night up and down and around Rt44 in Avon. because it's raining like a mofo out there today and we are supposed to get high winds tonight.

My Cheeta could use a tuneup - and I'm dying to get it out on some real trails in it's new trail bike mode - after riding it a bit in this set up it makes me think that my replacement for the Belair should be something pretty light.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Echo said:
So you split before the standing hill repeats and the time trial?
I got my hair cut last night.... :rolleyes:

I should finally be able to hit the gym next week after a month off to recover from my surgery.... I swear, I have the upper body strength of a newborn right now.. :mumble:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
:D

that, and a 5th teammate!!
Oh yeah, and that. I think we might have that worked out though. We need the West coast team to get on the ball with recruiting for the "fun" team before registration fills up :mumble:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Echo said:
So you split before the standing hill repeats and the time trial?
Yeah. I left after the lawn ride along the river. We did our hill repeats on Pinnacle then fooled around on Cobbs hill. Maybe next week I'll do the whole TNUA......jdcamb

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Oh yeah, and that. I think we might have that worked out though. We need the West coast team to get on the ball with recruiting for the "fun" team before registration fills up :mumble:

registration fills up!?

umm....shouldnt priority one be registering team East Coast kicking ass trailblazers and monkeys, or whatever we will be called

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jdcamb said:
Yeah. I left after the lawn ride along the river. We did our hill repeats on Pinnacle then fooled around on Cobbs hill. Maybe next week I'll do the whole TNUA......jdcamb
I would have been happy with less lawn riding and more hill repeats, but it was still a good workout... I guess when there's that many people you gotta figure not everyone wants to do hill repeats for an hour :p

Evergrey

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Good ol' Rochester
Echo said:
I would have been happy with less lawn riding and more hill repeats, but it was still a good workout... I guess when there's that many people you gotta figure not everyone wants to do hill repeats for an hour :p
I actually liked the time trials the best, and Kudos to T-Blazer for one awesome pace set on the back leg of that run. We ran the whole distance together in exactly the same cadence, enough to keep the blood and heartrate working good. Great ride all the way around

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
Evergrey said:
I actually liked the time trials the best, and Kudos to T-Blazer for one awesome pace set on the back leg of that run. We ran the whole distance together in exactly the same cadence, enough to keep the blood and heartrate working good. Great ride all the way around
another great TNUA, awesome weather , great ride, and I did enjoy that time trial with Evergrey . Another shop owner named Dave Broke his seat post before the start , and did the whole ride without post/seat . kickass :monkey:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
T-Blazer said:
Dave Broke his seat post before the start , and did the whole ride without post/seat . kickass :monkey:
I was wondering about that. Man that must have been tough on the hill repeats....jdcamb

Camp J. yesterday for an hour or so, not exactly riding well.

Whacked knee on stem and spent time inspecting the ground closely more than once.

There are a lot of big trees down from strong winds Sunday.

Raining like hell today, so likelihood of riding today is low.

J