Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we got a break in the rain yesterday and tn and i went out for some urban. I hit my first 3 foot drop. i made some major progress, and i am ready to go out again.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Still raining here also. I was thinking of building up the snow bike just to see if I still have all the parts. Then I thought, what the hell am I doing provoking this bad weather :mumble:

I might build the Kona Hardtail back up and try and learn some trials type stuff :think:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Instigator said:
Still raining here also. I was thinking of building up the snow bike just to see if I still have all the parts. Then I thought, what the hell am I doing provoking this bad weather :mumble:

I might build the Kona Hardtail back up and try and learn some trials type stuff :think:
Sheesh man... one of these days I'm going to drive up there and raid your "shop" for some parts... seems like you're always changing a build or working up a new bike... You clearly have too many parts and too much gear for your own good. :sneaky:

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
jacksonpt said:
Sheesh man... one of these days I'm going to drive up there and raid your "shop" for some parts... seems like you're always changing a build or working up a new bike... You clearly have too many parts and too much gear for your own good. :sneaky:
you can never have to much bike stuff :devil:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did the TNUA ride again, 53 riders this time. The pace picked up a bit, but somehow I still managed to stay with the lead group. Not a drop of rain, so a big HAHA to the people who wussed out.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"Did the TNUA ride again, 53 riders this time. The pace picked up a bit, but somehow I still managed to stay with the lead group"

Wow dude, that's pretty fast!
I'm recovering from a nasty fall, sustained Sunday at Diablo.
It was worth it!
Have the normal sore/skinned elbows and knees, bruised ribs,
as well as pulled abdomen mucle(s?).
Can't even wair underwear it hurts so much!
Endoed hard; even got a "ground-rush"
and probably a slight concussion. I saw your large
group, but could only make out brown-haired Lisa, Ralph, and of
course Matty who came up and said howdy.
Cool place indeed, though it took awhile to get back
into jumping like that.
Tim

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"Where did you wreck? Did you get to check out a lot of trails?"

Yup, we checked 'em all. I finally hit that hip jump under the gondola,
(over the rock) really nice, but then two turns later, as you go in
the woods momentarily, there is a small tabletop just before a small berm.
I endoed HARD on that small jump, trying to whoa her down for that berm!
That hip jump tabletop I pulled was FLAT and HIGH....sweetest in years.
I'm in a lot of pain though.
Ted talked me into one more run, and then proceeded to break his thumb
terribly. He gets operated on tomorrow. I may have a hernia......
Gotta love this sport!

J

JRB

Rode with Wumpus in the dark. Shined my light in some park rats eyes, but they didn't shoot at me luckily. It was right after Wumpus said he didn't like riding there in the dark. It's where peeps go to wash their twennies if you catch my drift. Gonna ride local trails tonight. I think.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"Yeah I saw you guys go through the 3 big tables"

Most of the time I was out of control! I was having a hard time
getting my suspension to feel right, as I turn my bike into an XC machine for weekday rides. My fork was suffering terribly from stiction by the end of the day, and I think
that's how I endoed. Did any of you guys/girls get hurt?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Matty brushed the tree at the top of that ladder-rock-ladder thing right before Alpine and donkeyed his leg a bit. Other than that just the normal scrapes and bruises from DH, nothing serious. Did you find that trail with the 5-6 footer to tranny, followed by a bridge over a rock, followed by a 3 footer to flat? That was a fun one. I think it was called Twist.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
I think it was called Twist.

Yup, I did that one. That trail you mentioned where Matt got hurt:
I came in there way fast trying to catch up to Ted, and had NO IDEA there were those two bridges. There was a crowd there at that entrance, and let me tell you
they got an awseome treat, cause somehow, someway, I saved it! I was totally
out of control....you know, when you're just along for the ride?! They need to build some stunts in that last stretch, under the gondola. That little tiny kicker there, just as the asphalt starts, was a squirrely little mutha', huh?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You mean the little kicker where you have to clear a 20 foot ditch? I jumped that a bunch of times the first time I was there, but this time I decided it was too much work for no reason :D

For that stunt, I saw some dude boost the first bridge and land on the second one without touching the rock, that was cool. Too bad I had already put the video camera away.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"You mean the little kicker where you have to clear a 20 foot ditch?"

No, where was that? I mean at the bottom near the lift...just a little off the road, and to the right.

"For that stunt, I saw some dude boost the first bridge and land on the second one"

I think that mighta been me! (on accident) :>)