Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone riding?

The last couple of weeks I've been really annoyed with the fact that my garage is such a disaster it's hard to find place to put my bikes. Last night I was bored, so I "built" this. I just threw it together, not expecting it to work very well, but it worked far better than expected. If I had taken the time to think about it, I would have done a few things differently, so it will probably get redone in the near future. I also need to add at least one more "stall".

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Cool jackson! You don't have the option of hooks on the wall?

Nate was representin' last night at TNUA on a fixed gear cross bike. Word. Good turnout, about 30 degrees, 57 riders. Stepped up the pace a bit more and did some standing hill intervals, which really started to separate the road bikes from the mountain bikes. Good workout though, I can feel it this morning :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Cool jackson! You don't have the option of hooks on the wall?

Nate was representin' last night at TNUA on a fixed gear cross bike. Word. Good turnout, about 30 degrees, 57 riders. Stepped up the pace a bit more and did some standing hill intervals, which really started to separate the road bikes from the mountain bikes. Good workout though, I can feel it this morning :thumb:
Yea, I can put hooks in the walls, and probably will at some point in time. But right now... we have so much junk lining the walls of our garage (basically, we have crap everywhere except where the cars park) that just getting to the walls can be a pain. The damn kayaks take up a ton of space. Hopefully once I get my work benches set up and our basement gets finished I'll be able to put some of that crap away and make some room in the garage.

But these are portable, so I can move them if I need to get at the crap pile.

BTW... What's a "standing" hill interval?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice rack :sneaky: . Ive been meaning to build something like that for my basement but havn't had the motivation lately, getting home when it is dark really bums me out. But today is the weekly Wednesday night ride. I was hoping to get some parts in so I could convert my hardtail to a SS for tonight but no luck.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just in case anyone cares, when you hammer down and dull the tip of a nail it's less apt to split the wood when you drive it home.
This tip brought to you by waffles.

J

JRB

I rode with Wumpus for just over an hour. The trails were damp and slick. A not so good night of riding is better than most nights of TV though. We finally scored a decent chick instead of some dude as a server for the post ride meal. Finally.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
These TNUA rides sound cool as hell - is it a cycliing club that organizes them? I know of nothing like this in the Hartford area - but if there were such a thing I'd be down with going when I could.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Just a local dude with a vision. You could be that guy in your area. But you would have to do it every week or it would die after the first time you bailed...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I rode yesterday with a couple of friends at the Wolf River for about 2.5 hours, just exploring. It was fun but I am hurting today. We all fell alot. It was wet & there were some car sized puddles that were knee deep. I was the only one who was remotely dry & then towards the trail head there was a HUGE puddle of stagnant red murk that I tipped over in. Needless to say I seriously stunk after my dip.
still a kick ass ride. :thumb: