Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
After the holidays I'm going to have to join a gym. Cutting back on sleep is the only way I'm going to find any time to be active.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Lifted weights last night. Will do it again tonight.

MMcG and I joined a dek-hockey team and our first game is Sunday night. I'm pretty psyched. I have not played for like six years, but played for 10 years prior to that.

splat

Nam I am
jacksonpt said:
Can someone please change my title or user name to "Bump on a Log"?
another one asking for a custom title , always a Dangerous thing . I think "smells like a Log " would be better :)

anyway !!

As for riding , had an Ice storm yesterday , and it is suppose to be sunny today , so it should make for an interesting Lunch ride. Oh yeah , I'm Doing a lunch Ride!!

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Lifted weights last night. Will do it again tonight.

MMcG and I joined a dek-hockey team and our first game is Sunday night. I'm pretty psyched. I have not played for like six years, but played for 10 years prior to that.
dek-Hockey!! Be a real Man , Put on some ice skates!

actually I played that for years ! Its a Blast! Have fun!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I didn't ride last night. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express... I know I am lame.... It was wet and crappy and I am all doped up. I am planning to not be doped up tonight and riding urban. I did some awesome extreme curb riding on sunday Extreme Curb Riding Video!!. The curb is at the Colgate Divinty school and is about 100 yards long. I am thinking of starting a new school of riding called extreme curb riding. I could be the next Richie Schley!.....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
dek-Hockey!! Be a real Man , Put on some ice skates!
Well they are two different games. That's like me saying I'm playing softball, then someone telling me to play baseball instead. Both are fun, but different. :) Dek-hockey = less pads, not quite as dangerous, and a hell of lot cheaper. Plus, it's a much smaller time committment.

Enjoy your lunch ride!!

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
jacksonpt said:
Cutting back on sleep is the only way I'm going to find any time to be active.
:stupid:

I did do about 30 minutes of cardio last night while watch Biggest Looser. Actually, I was switching between that and Gilligans Island.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Well they are two different games. That's like me saying I'm playing softball, then someone telling me to play baseball instead. Both are fun, but different. :) Dek-hockey = less pads, not quite as dangerous, and a hell of lot cheaper. Plus, it's a much smaller time committment.

Enjoy your lunch ride!!
Deck hockey - good cardio, IAB and I get to play on the same team and a helluva lot cheaper than ice hockey (I know - I've played ice for years and I have two kids playing right now!!). Less expensive than ice hockey = more money for bikey frames and parts and whatnot!!

I did skate last night at my son's practice. the ice sucked as they didn't run the zamboni before our practice session. Made it an even better workout. I love doing the sprints with the kids - good times!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Went up to Westfield MA to try out the indoor bmx track - very cool. Got to ride indoors on dirt while it was pouring rain and cold outside, and it only cost $7. Test rode MMcG's DMR, which was well-suited for the track (thanks again Mark!), and got schooled by a bunch of kids. Had a great time and plan to head back soon.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Great TNUA last night, the forecast kept the wussies away and it was a good size group for some solid intervals. Didn't rain a drop the whole ride, but the ground was wet so none of the "follow the leader through the grass" junk. Just quality intervals, hill repeats, and some paceline work. It was the best TNUA I've been on so far :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
Went up to Westfield MA to try out the indoor bmx track - very cool. Got to ride indoors on dirt while it was pouring rain and cold outside, and it only cost $7. Test rode MMcG's DMR, which was well-suited for the track (thanks again Mark!), and got schooled by a bunch of kids. Had a great time and plan to head back soon.

So the DMR worked well there - I thought it would. So whattya think Tony??

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
jacksonpt said:
how long is your commute?
the shortest route is 9.4 miles, however tonite I did 19 miles. I like to mix it up after a long day at the shop. When I ride in the morning I just do the 9.4 mile route. :cool: