Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Did the TAOD ride last night. Was very wet out, and with all the cinders and crap on the roads, the faster turns were a bit nerve racking. Did about 15 miles in about an hour and a half. It was a good ride.

Also started spreading the word about the TAOD rides to the local biking group. Had some interested, but no one could make it last night on such short notice. Weather is supposed to be crappy for tomorrow's ride, so hopefully next week I can get a few people out with me.

Anyone else riding?

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Got in an hour and half on the local trails. It was only in the mid 70's and that felt hot. Really not looking forward to summer. :dead:
Thanks for calling. :nuts:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Thanks for calling. :nuts:
I didn't know if I was going to get to ride until noon. Like you would've taken the afternoon off anyway. :)

I'm riding tomorrow morning. We can even start at 8 so you only have to take the morning off if you want.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Bastards. :mumble: :eviltongu I have to work Monday. :mad:

Might be riding Thursday night, just have to figure out where.
Oh. Bummer. You can ignore my post in the coffee thread then. :p

I am missing a ride Saturday because I have to work. Damn system testing. :mumble:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Working weekends blows. I feel for you. Especially a weekend prior to a holiday off. At least you'll be riding Monday. :dancing:
I only have to work a few of Saturdays during the year. It's no big deal (except for when I miss a ride). We install our patches over the weekends because no users are online.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I rode for about 20 minutes last night on the cheeta with my helmet light on. Fun fun fun!

My $44 Boxxer works pretty good on that bike. :cool:

May try to get some time in on the bikey after work too as long as it stays dry out.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Wumpus said:
I'm riding tomorrow morning. We can even start at 8 so you only have to take the morning off if you want.
Hey loco, where were you this morning? It was a bit chilly and I was feeling slow so you could have kept up. :eviltongu

btw - the last two turns on Highlander that weren't finished are about 30* slopes. :nuts:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Hey loco, where were you this morning? It was a bit chilly and I was feeling slow so you could have kept up. :eviltongu

btw - the last two turns on Highlander that weren't finished are about 30* slopes. :nuts:
Yeah - there should be some :nuts: for that trail. :dead: