Quantcast

weds gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here.

Laptop is giving me grief. Might go Office Space on it soon....

Chiro visit this morning. Shoulder and hip both locked up... Fixed but tender now...
As a protector and trusted appointee of laptops and various other pieces of technology, I say do it.

Laptops, printers, cell phones etc are all thoughtless assholes who express no empathy for the bouts of pain that they inflict onto their users.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I see you are taking the easy way out. No need to think too much about it. ;)
Godspeed!
its hard for me to take your position seriously because its based on an inability to differentiate between a weapon and a toy. it's the same kind of mentality behind those who assume video games will make children violent because they somehow can't differentiate between fantasy and reality.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
its hard for me to take your position seriously because its based on an inability to differentiate between a weapon and a toy. it's the same kind of mentality behind those who assume video games will make children violent because they somehow can't differentiate between fantasy and reality.
I had many toy guns as a kid, my favorite was a trigger action tommy gun. I would hide in bushes or behind cars and take shots at the postman, garbage collectors, neighbors... on weekends I'd shoot my best friend several a day. I cannot remember ever thinking my toys were real or feeling like I actually needed to kill someone.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Well, I guess my European upbringing makes me different there. My parents and those of many of my friends are/were against war/guns/military, so we kids never got any toys that would glorify them or make these things seem normal.
A close friend's dad was a hunter, so naturally she had a toy hunting rifle. Her dad would not let her point the gun at a human because of the above mentioned reasons.
While I can differentiate between a weapon and a toy, apparently kids have a harder time with that:
The video game topic is fairly controversially discussed in the literature, so I am not feeling confident to argue either way.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
An eagle just snatched a rabbit from the backyard. Out of the sky, smashed it to the ground, then flew away with it's carcass. So yeah. That just happened.
one of the coolest things i've ever witnessed was a cheetah running down a gazelle, grabbing it by the neck at full speed, and then stopping to snap its neck. straight up savage.

in much less exciting news, waiting in carpool line to pick up kids after scrambling around at work trying to get shit done and not forget about the zillions of things i've out off over the past few weeks.

thinking about a fuckit friday tho, so i got that going for me...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
one of the coolest things i've ever witnessed was a cheetah running down a gazelle, grabbing it by the neck at full speed, and then stopping to snap its neck. straight up savage.

in much less exciting news, waiting in carpool line to pick up kids after scrambling around at work trying to get shit done and not forget about the zillions of things i've out off over the past few weeks.

thinking about a fuckit friday tho, so i got that going for me...
When I lived on a boat a neighbor's chihuahua would bark constantly. I always pleaded with the local bald eagles to swoop in for a snack. Stupid freedom chickens were more interesting in just stealing meals from various sea-birds.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
driving through wyoming.....finally listening to metamodern sounds of country...

enjoying...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woot woot ..Ruth just got her Official USDF invitation to complete at Intermediate 2 and Grand Prix at the United States Dressage Federations Dressage Finals in Lexington KY.
The event is by invite only and based on performance at the Regional Championships

We are going!!! Entry has been submitted!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had many toy guns as a kid, my favorite was a trigger action tommy gun. I would hide in bushes or behind cars and take shots at the postman, garbage collectors, neighbors... on weekends I'd shoot my best friend several a day. I cannot remember ever thinking my toys were real or feeling like I actually needed to kill someone.

But today if you did that you would probably get shot by a cop.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woot woot ..Ruth just got her Official USDF invitation to complete at Intermediate 2 and Grand Prix at the United States Dressage Federations Dressage Finals in Lexington KY.
The event is by invite only and based on performance at the Regional Championships

We are going!!! Entry has been submitted!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Congrats, that 36hr+ drive will be nice :p

(randomly guessed your city in norcal)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, try that today with skin that isn't white and tell me how it goes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Three 11+ hour days then an 8 hour day. You have to add in fuel stops, weigh stations and Ag inspection stations

Livermore to Fairfield, Utah. Fairfield to Ogallala Neb, Ogallala to St Peters Mo. St Peters To Lexington Ky.
lot of driving for a ribbon...

when the lady i worked for won westminister...5 dollar ribbon and a silver plate.....cost to her....almost 6 figures...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Why? I accept that times change. My point is that millions of kids played with realistic toy guns without becoming killers.
Why? I think you said it yourself – times change ... or frankly, not so much for some of us.

Your point about toy guns and killers I will leave alone.