Quantcast

weekend of photos: bonfire, victoria BC, butterflies, flowers (56k think again)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i kept myself busy with the camera the last few days, what with a bonfire full of smiling people, and a few days spent up north in victoria, BC. the girl and i took the clipper up (30 knots! sweet) and hit up the usual tourist attractions including the BC museum, the butterfly gardens, and the butchart gardens.

links to all galleries can be found on the right hand side of www.toshiclark.com . i'll inline a few highlights in this thread.

first the bonfire:

next the BC museum in victoria:

the butterfly gardens at butchart gardens were amazing. highly recommended. (they had a few birds in there, too...)

the butchart gardens were murder on my seasonal allergies, but the sights were impressive.

not all was hoity toity "art shots"...

a cool houseboat

and, finally, an obligatory "awh" shot

photo geekery: canon 20D (which i'll be listing on eBay soon!), sigma 12-24, canon 50/1.4, canon 135/2L. post-processing in adobe lightroom, gallery export via iPhoto and BetterHTMLExport. ask if you're curious about any particular shot's parameters or want a larger version.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice trip but where are the riding shots?
no riding. was many a mile from whistler, and that's ok with me. the streets of victoria are teeming with people commuting and doing errands on bikes. amazing what $5.90 gas will do to habits.

here's a photo from the gardens that i'd meant to include up above:

and here is a download link for full size versions of the two photos following the flamingos from the first post:

https://download.yousendit.com/DC0FC51861C3324F