Quantcast

Welcome to The Farm v 1.5

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Those landings look too short and WAY too narrow.

And how much do you have to pay the 'midget-look-a-like' to stand next to your jumps to make them look so big?

J/K!

Zach, it's Matt Thompson here. Spoons and I may be headed west next week to get out of the snow. Can we still interview you? I'll call you when we finalize our plans.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Those landings look too short and WAY too narrow.

And how much do you have to pay the 'midget-look-a-like' to stand next to your jumps to make them look so big?

J/K!

Zach, it's Matt Thompson here. Spoons and I may be headed west next week to get out of the snow. Can we still interview you? I'll call you when we finalize our plans.
Matt Thompson, you are a ballr. You guys are always welcome where ever i build/ride.
Right now we are preparing for the Perfect Storm. Word on the streets, is we need to build an Arc. Hopefully my trails survive Gods wrath. The rains just hit a few hours ago. We prepared our trails like people prepare for a huricane, or tornado. We were digging trenches and stacking sand bags all day yesterday.

Dec 26, 2007
Hankins, NY
Damn, son. I'm practically weeping. you need to come to Jersey and help us build a setup like that at Diablo. Honest, those are the most perfect jumps I have ever seen:clapping:

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
Matt Thompson, you are a ballr. You guys are always welcome where ever i build/ride.
Right now we are preparing for the Perfect Storm. Word on the streets, is we need to build an Arc. Hopefully my trails survive Gods wrath. The rains just hit a few hours ago. We prepared our trails like people prepare for a huricane, or tornado. We were digging trenches and stacking sand bags all day yesterday.
amen to that. our 'creek' jumps wont survive this at all

shi$(*% i just looked at the last set of pictures. are you sure your not getting some of that plastic lead painted toy stuff out of China? cus those these look fake...

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
That's a lot of earth movin'.

Rarely do an interest in jumps, property ownership, space and neighbor's grace intersect. Enjoy.

-L

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
That's a lot of earth movin'.

Rarely do an interest in jumps, property ownership, space and neighbor's grace intersect. Enjoy.

-L
Not true broham. This is the 3rd time in less than a year, that i have made them intersect.
If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Thanks for the links - I was going to look for clay this spring from the local material yards. At the very least I think Lee mentions top soil has worked well for him. I might set up a sprinkler head to get some water on it during the summer months - I'm have a bunch of plants and shrubs already and will fill it in with even more this spring. Some of the ones on Lee's site look amazing - more like gardens than pump tracks which is what I'm going for - keep the wife happy too :D

Agree on the snow - must be amazing out there right now.

Looking amazing Zach. Good luck drying out but for now I'd be heading for the mtns...the powder must be unreal.

Did you see the posts about some alternatives over on leelikesbikes?
Jrich's
JrichII
Base Rock Report
BaseballDirt

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
TSome of the ones on Lee's site look amazing - more like gardens than pump tracks which is what I'm going for - keep the wife happy too :D
Agreed, they look 100 times better when they are landscaped right in. Keeping the wife happy is always a bonus too!