Quantcast

Well, I can't jump with my float X2

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I would be careful and conscious of the fact that if you have a problem with any of these smaller brands, you'll have to lean on the company's support - and in my experience small European brands are notorious for being rude and not wanting to hear from you after taking your money (particularly if you are not a local / native speaker). France takes #1, Germany #2, Italians are harder to hate because they usually just won't reply. Do your homework and make sure the product is perfect, or that you have a good distributor / contact.
Yurpians

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@Udi

Thank-you for the reasoned reply; it is appreciated.
A final question if I may before I leave you alone on this subject.

If you had to purchase a new coil shock, which are your top 2 choices?

Thank-you again.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
@Udi

Thank-you for the reasoned reply; it is appreciated.
A final question if I may before I leave you alone on this subject.

If you had to purchase a new coil shock, which are your top 2 choices?

Thank-you again.
If Push made a version of the 11/6 with only a single set of adjusters and no lever I think it would be most peoples' easy answer to this question. It could be much cheaper and probably significantly lighter.

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
You still haven't posted your shock settings (at all) so no one knows if you're just having a blind rant or have a legitimate problem. I have no affiliation with Fox and own zero X2 products, but if you don't actually want a solution - move on.
We get it, you hate your shock - you're not helping yourself or anyone else by repeating that mindlessly.
But I did here http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/well-i-cant-jump-with-my-float-x2.279942/#post-4267487

I have both LSr and LSC fully opened!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If Push made a version of the 11/6 with only a single set of adjusters and no lever I think it would be most peoples' easy answer to this question. It could be much cheaper and probably significantly lighter.
That's called a Chubbie.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
My apologies!
So it's a performance elite - that might be part of the problem hey.
To get the rebound decent you really need to have the poppet spring cranked down (shut), and I imagine on the non-adjustable HSR shock, it's probably set at 2/3 or 1/2. This actually makes a lot more sense now.

It's actually funny, since you asked about upgrading the performance 40 and everyone said keep it for now (me included) - but I think the shock may be a different story, especially for a full blown DH bike.

Anyway, my advice would be either to upgrade the poppet valves to the Factory versions - or if you don't want to risk it - just get an RC4. These bikes use 9.5x3.0 shocks from memory right? Because if so you should definitely be able to find the 2015 small-shaft RC4 kicking around on ebay or PB buysell, and it won't cost much more than the valve upgrade anyway. I think we can all agree the latter will be the best option.

Sounds like you can play around with spacers a bit first to improve things.
Hope you get it figured out.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
If you end up going the route that Udi suggested, these are some decent deals on the RC4:

https://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/article/1044511-fox-racing-shox-dhx-rc-240x76mm-neu-mit-feder (Markus Klausmann's unused spare shock. According to him, it has "special" internals)

https://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/article/1079226-fox-dhx-rc4-factory-kashima-241x76

https://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/article/1081020-fox-foxshox-rc4-kashima-fast-supension

You can also find a few large shaft RC4s on the same platform.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I bought my 200x57 RC4 from Markus Klausmann, it was in excellent condition and had the FAST piston installed - still going strong. It's worth mentioning that the price he posted is marked as an asking price, I paid significantly less for mine than he was asking back then.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I found this one in the UK on PB too, if you need something cheap:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2285945/

The Klausmann one linked by Sandro sounds like a safe bet in terms of condition (new) if you have the cash.

The FAST one looks very roughed up around the sealhead, would avoid.

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
My apologies!
So it's a performance elite - that might be part of the problem hey.
To get the rebound decent you really need to have the poppet spring cranked down (shut), and I imagine on the non-adjustable HSR shock, it's probably set at 2/3 or 1/2. This actually makes a lot more sense now.

It's actually funny, since you asked about upgrading the performance 40 and everyone said keep it for now (me included) - but I think the shock may be a different story, especially for a full blown DH bike.

Anyway, my advice would be either to upgrade the poppet valves to the Factory versions - or if you don't want to risk it - just get an RC4. These bikes use 9.5x3.0 shocks from memory right? Because if so you should definitely be able to find the 2015 small-shaft RC4 kicking around on ebay or PB buysell, and it won't cost much more than the valve upgrade anyway. I think we can all agree the latter will be the best option.

Sounds like you can play around with spacers a bit first to improve things.
Hope you get it figured out.
I placed my shock for sale so if someone want it I'll get an RC4 at no cost.

Buy the factory popet valve isn't the same to remove pressure from the ifp and then I carefully remove the rebound thing, and set it fully open?? is there a manual for it?

worst case scenario, If no one want to buy that shit how much would be to make it full factory 2018 (smaller inner tube, popets new seals and ligher oil)? Anyone has any idea?

Last edited: