Quantcast

Well I dun did it

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I had a Proper Drivetrain failure..... Chain, chain ring, and guide. Chainring ended up peeling a few teeth, chain is kinked in half a dozen places, and the upper slider on my SrS Shredded.

Oh well, got two years on the guide and chainring, its all good.

Question is, do I get a parts tree for the SrS, or do I go ahead and upgrade to something new?

Oh well, Ill figure it out I think

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
upgrade to the gamut that was on the socom . your bro isn't using it and i'm sure you can get it off him for dirt cheap or even free . you owe me beer for solving your problem :thumb:.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
upgrade to the gamut that was on the socom . your bro isn't using it and i'm sure you can get it off him for dirt cheap or even free . you owe me beer for solving your problem :thumb:.
:rofl:

There's nothing wrong with the SRS, except being sort of heavy. I'd just get a parts tree for it and keep on going.

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
I picked up a Gamut a few weeks ago. I was intrigued by the simplicity and lightweight. It mounted up fine and works well. However, its turning out to be extremely loud. I'm going crazy cause this is on a trailbike that gets a lot of pedaling. I'm about ready to rip it off and buy something else cause it makes me feel like I'm pedaling a Huffy.
And yet I keep encountering posts like the one above stating they "are the best". I feel like I just threw my money away!! It needs a softer roller. Is this the way Gamuts are or does anyone have some ideas?

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
they're loud. I prefer the gamut 'cause I ride in BC slop a lot, so if/when the roller binds up, the chain just slides instead of skipping over a toothed e13 roller.