Quantcast

Well I;m not going to be Pro after all

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Lol what a reality check. First race of the year and first time racing Junoir Expert. Anyways I;m came 24th in the first Canada Cup. Yeah so I figure there's no chance i'll ever make it now.
Well only because the guys who won were racing in my catagorie last year and always winning. Now they're still winning and over the best canadian junoir experts. MArk Batty who won sea otter this year was like 10 min behind first place and the first 2 guys are a year younger. If they had been racing the pro class they still would have won. God damn some ppl are just freaks. To bad i;m not.:) :(

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
No i;m not giving up. I came 24th in Junoir expert. However the guy who won my categorie would have won the pro cat also. He was insane. I know that I don't have a futur as being a top placing pro. I still love and need racing. However I'm not going to be so seriuos about it and i;m going to lightning up about everything alittle. Also I'll probley take up triathlon and see what i can do with that on the side.

Still I;m pleased with my race cause it's the longest i've been on a mountain bike since septmeber.(road training mostly) and my hip flexors and back are not used to climbing like that and by the last half my hip flexors were dead and crazy painful. So things like that will come back quickly and my times will improve but not enough to win.:(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I think you'll improve as the season goes on - nothing like experience to help things a long!

I'm doing a road race in the open rec category as part of a relay - the first 2 winners in that category last year were cat2s... there are sandbaggers everywhere. :dead: