Quantcast

well now what

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i mentioned it in the gmt but last night i had to have from the finger nail down on 3 of my fingers amputated. i was fixxing the garage door and in order to do that i had to unhook the springs. well i lost grip of the door and got the tips of my pointer middle and ring stuck in un spring door. it came down got my hand and it happened so fast i could not react. not looking for pity i just want some ideas for stuff to do, my right hang is all rapped up and stitched so its useless. any one know any bike movies i could watch or something. p.s. i got pics if you want p.s.s i can only type left handed so sorry its hard to read im a righty.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Get any good drugs? Friend of mine lost the tips of three of his fingers in a wood flooring/table saw incident. He remains a fairly productive member of society so you should be okay. Hope you heal up fast, hope your girlfriend isn't too disappointed. :brows:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
cadaver toes on the ends of the fingers.....megan fox look...

the stranger is in your future.

but damn....ouch.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Wow, holy crap dude! That freaking sucks! Well I dont know if you have Netflix or not but there are some bike videos that you can check out through that site. I dont think the bike stuff is on the instant que but they are definitely throught the mail order DVDs.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Rad.... not your situation, the movie.

Damn dude. That blows monkey chunks. Hope you got some good drugs. As far as riding.... I got a buddy that consistently beats me at the races who is missing 3 fingers on his right hand. He put both brake levers on the left side btw.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sorry to hear about that. Suckage, no doubt. At least it wasn't your entire hand, I suppose. We had some issues with our old garage door and in an unsuccessful attempt to fix it, we disconnect the spring. The repair guy said that was not a smart thing to do because those springs can rip your hand off.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's no excuse for slacking off on your GMT duties.

kidding, kidding... that blows, hope you heal up quick.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Oh, dude, that sucks. :( But, after everything heals, you'll adapt and do just fine, don't worry. I second Netflix, if you have it. Lots of biking and skiing films, if you're into skiing. Some great Warren Miller stuff!! Rest up and heal quickly!!

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Ouch dude. The guy that owns the bike shop in my home town only has like three full fingers and the rest are half or quarter fingers. And he can still change tires better than I can. He still rides plenty of XC though. He's also well into his 60's. You'll be fine.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Oh and GFF got blown up, impaled by a tree, and probably has some other injurys and he still rides DH. You'll be fine.
the guy asked me what i needed my fingers for and he did every thing he possible could with my pointer finger so i could stop my bike since i one finger break. they said i should be fine on the bike and it will just take time.
brutal dude. let's start the insanitylevel9 finger fund and buy him a fleshlight.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
joking around is how i cope so thats much appreciated :thumb:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Now you just need to come up with a cool story of how it happened to impress the ladies. Like you got bitten by a alligator while saving a baby or it happened while saving a kitten from a burning building... chicks love that hero stuff.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
on the bright side you will be able to freak out little kids by sticking the stub into your nose and telling them you are tickling your brain while wiggiling your eyebrows ( my cousin does that with his partially chopped off digit)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
haha, that's what you get for playing "just the tip."

just always wear a glove on that hand and never tell anybody. tell them you're the relative of a famous pop singer or you're a up and coming baseball prodigy. Or just tell them you're larry from "of mice and men" and you need to keep your hand soft for your wife.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
go to mall.

sit on santa's lap.

ask for finger tips for christmas.