Quantcast

%%$ Wenchday $%%

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
too much shit to do and not enough time.I need to get the kayak rack set back up on the camper and the boats up there tonight. plus work shit and get the house semi organized for company arriving Thursday night. Wife and company split on Friday, me an the dogs head to a lake for a weekend of Kayak fishing with a buddy at O dark 30 Saturday morning

Moar coffee plz

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ugh....Somehow way over sugared my coffee. and it was gross. Must have doubled up in my sleep deprived haze. Airport operations back to "normal" so I'm trolling under gate 7 again. Customer service is operating out of a conference room though I guess, some pretty significant water/smoke damage up front. Just another day in the salt pit.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, special flowers! My all day meeting today has been changed to an all day webex, which makes it a hell of a lot easier to not pay attention and work on other stuff instead.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ducked outta work early yesterday to drive through whiteout conditions into the mountains to look at a camper. Got a verbal agreement to buy it, woulda brought it home and all but tiedown hardware is still in the mail. Unless something comes up in the mean time, this will be ours as of early next week.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Are you going to tear this one down to the ground, too?

I’m in an Uber but will ride home (bike in office). I hope it’s not gale force winds again else it’ll be another trip in a car.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Surprised Haley with Chik-fil-A for breakfast this morning (free marketing thing in the mail ftw). I thought her head was going to explode because she was so excited. For some reason she loves that place. Got a free bag of fancy coffee marketing thing in the mail yesterday too, so that's coming as well. I'm a fan of free food stuffs that good. :)

Tall joke of the day:
[animal meeting at the zoo]
Lion: You're late. We said meet at sunset.
Giraffe: I can still see the sun you fucking midget.

It made me laugh.

And while I was writing this, I just got an email from mgmt that myself and another are getting coffee mugs and an "off-site lunch" for baller status with how we handle people on the phone. I'll take it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I’m in an Uber but will ride home (bike in office). I hope it’s not gale force winds again else it’ll be another trip in a car.
Our teak furniture blew across the deck yesterday. Heavy ass teak furniture blew probably 50ft across the deck. It was windy yesterday. And I think one of our plastic lounge chairs is gone, but I didn't check until after dark.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a crappy sleep, I kept waking up and had some extremely odd dreams. I blame it on all the coffee that I drank yesterday.

So, now I'm tired as hell and drinking more coffee. The cycle continues.

But tonight is ride night. We're going to try to ride the fatbikes, but the temperatures are supposed to rise to 4c today which will make for some soft snow.

Also, man do people ever suck at merging onto the freeway. Some old grandpa merged onto it today doing 80km/h in what was clearly a farm truck and then he hit the brakes after getting into the live traffic lane! Wtf mate?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Afterwork B shed then hit the creek to find some trout. found some little brownies.
no wind, blue skies & light snow. I love spring time.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I'm here. Rode with 2 others from work today at 0600. It was cold, 55 freedom units. Nao at worth with a burrito and Horchata. Ready for Friday as i have the day off and will prepare for an overnight kayaking/ camping trip this weekend.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Prepare to be wowed by the Village Inn
Funny story - back at my 1st stint at my previous employer, I made it to my 5-yr anniversary. It was customary for the boss to buy lunch for the 5y, and employees were allowed to choose the restaurant.

So I chose Delfrisco's Double Eagle Steak House. And I got the expensive steak. I vaguely recall I may have even ordered wine.

Shortly thereafter, a "memo" came out with a list of "approved" locations for 5, 10, and 15y lunches. I even think that Applebees may have been one of the 5y choices.

Fucking bean-counters. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Funny story - back at my 1st stint at my previous employer, I made it to my 5-yr anniversary. It was customary for the boss to buy lunch for the 5y, and employees were allowed to choose the restaurant.

So I chose Delfrisco's Double Eagle Steak House. And I got the expensive steak. I vaguely recall I may have even ordered wine.

Shortly thereafter, a "memo" came out with a list of "approved" locations for 5, 10, and 15y lunches. I even think that Applebees may have been one of the 5y choices.

Fucking bean-counters. :rofl:
We have no restrictions on interview dinners, where several of us go out with a faculty candidate interviewing for a job. We've got such an interview in a few weeks. Me and another down-with-good-restaurants co-worker suggested El Five, so that's where we're going.

#winning

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
At ELDORA?!?

actaully read Joel's words this week. seems it could be unpredictable early friday with spotty squalls (betting one gets stuck at Abay since i dont have that pass or any real deals & im jonesin for zuma & pali) but the winds switch to coming from the east & the Dora usally fares really well with the upslope storms.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We should totally hang out...

(So you can help me with some wiring and I can give you beer...)

Unrelated: rode to work today (second day in a row, eff that wind yesterday) and apparently forgot my office keys. Girlfriend en route to save me from pedaling back home then back to the office again. Derp.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

First I bitch that I didn't have a real monitor, now I have 2 YUGE monitors on my tiny desk. I need a wireless keyboard so I can be back far enough to see. :rofl:

I am going to be productive today, even if I kill someone in the process.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

First I bitch that I didn't have a real monitor, now I have 2 YUGE monitors on my tiny desk. I need a wireless keyboard so I can be back far enough to see. :rofl:

I am going to be productive today, even if I kill someone in the process.
How many Notepad++ windows can you fit on them? Oh wait, do you have that yet? :busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We should totally hang out...

(So you can help me with some wiring and I can give you beer...)

Unrelated: rode to work today (second day in a row, eff that wind yesterday) and apparently forgot my office keys. Girlfriend en route to save me from pedaling back home then back to the office again. Derp.
If you wanna swing up to my abode we can go through it. The camper perchance doesn't have a pigtail that plugs into the 7-pin trailer plug does it?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If you wanna swing up to my abode we can go through it. The camper perchance doesn't have a pigtail that plugs into the 7-pin trailer plug does it?
No pigtail, which makes me think this camper was never wired up for a battery. And while I think that's kinda weird, the dude at the camper shop I spoke with last night indicated that wasn't all that uncommon on older truck campers to have it wired up for shore power only... and still have everything in there be 12v. What time are you around? I'd definitely bring it on up to you if we can get this thing wired for off-grid power!

I should probably just text you...