Quantcast

%%$ Wenchday $%%

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How many Notepad++ windows can you fit on them? Oh wait, do you have that yet? :busted:
My software install requests we're the first thing I did this morning. Already have my "restricted software exception" forms all approved. Just waiting until the install shows up in the queue.

Running 1920x1080 resolution and my icons are still the size of my head.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have no restrictions on interview dinners, where several of us go out with a faculty candidate interviewing for a job. We've got such an interview in a few weeks. Me and another down-with-good-restaurants co-worker suggested El Five, so that's where we're going.

#winning

We have a $75 limit per meal when traveling. I can usually get a decent meal under that.

I made myself two filet mignons last night, because one isn't enough. They came out perfect. Quick sear, bit of fresh pepper, wrapped in foil and placed in a warmish oven for a few minutes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My software install requests we're the first thing I did this morning. Already have my "restricted software exception" forms all approved. Just waiting until the install shows up in the queue.

Running 1920x1080 resolution and my icons are still the size of my head.
You should open a ticket for that. :brows:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I get to spend 12 hours at work today. One of the guys had a family emergency and he's our closer. Av's game is tonight and half the office is going. That leaves me as senior guy. 7-7 today. Giddy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We have a $75 limit per meal when traveling. I can usually get a decent meal under that.

I made myself two filet mignons last night, because one isn't enough. They came out perfect. Quick sear, bit of fresh pepper, wrapped in foil and placed in a warmish oven for a few minutes.
Y Westy no ribeye?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My softwares are being installed. 0% complete, this is promising.
my dad got a new fangled MSI laptop when his old one shit the bed a couple weeks a go.

for whatever reason it took almost 36 hours for windows to install and update...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think he's looking for actual stereo rather than a multi-channel AV receiver. I don't wade into those snobby audiophile waters, full of all manner of snake oil.
I do have a stereo receiver now, but it is not the best at driving 4ohm speakers :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I do have a stereo receiver now, but it is not the best at driving 4ohm speakers :D
My issue is I just want a clean 2ch @200w per to run my Infinity towers that have sat idle for near a decade now. And I am a cheap bastard, so that is really the root of the issue.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Since no one local seems to want my soon to be deprecated AV receiver I think I'm going to set it up in the master bedroom driving some (only 6 ohm) stereo speakers.

I'm thinking these ones: https://www.stereophile.com/content/elac-debut-b6-loudspeaker

These reviews are always so pretentious, but I've been pretty happy with all but the deep bass response on my Pioneer Andrew Jones-designed 5.1 setup in the basement (and that can be fixed down the road with a different sub, once the kids are of movie-watching instead of -early-to-bed age).