Quantcast

West LA bike repairs you swear by

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
Looking to have some work done, and im looking for a new LBS.

Who do you go that knows their sh*t and doesn't charge $100 for lubing a chain.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
Fork install, front rim true/tighten, BB has been stripped by a shop attempting to remove it, most likely needs to be drilled out, hoping to save cranks. New BB installed, new front ring + rear derailleur installed w/ new casset (coming from SS).

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Cynergy always does nice work but isnt too cheap. Wheelword Culver City has better prices but make sure you get your work done by Alberto and nobody else. Staff isnt too friendly at WW either so brace yourself if you choose that route.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
My personal experience:

WestSide
Cynergy - $$$ - great work, good turnaround (my personal choice)
Wheel World - $$ - great work by Alberto, others are hit and miss
Performance - $$ - good work but expect to leave it at least 4 days
Helens Santa Monica - $$$ - great work but can take up to a week
Helens Westwood - $$$ - great work, small shop that often refers work to SM location
Bike Attack Santa Monica - $ - service is always full of cruisers with flat tires, etc., usually refer 'real' bikes to Venice
Bike Attack Venice- $ - fast turnaround (they often bump 'real' bikes to the head of the line :)), work is pretty good

Burbank
H&S - $$ - quick turnaround, cool guys that know their stuff

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gotta agree with lots of what tgreathead said.
Cynergy is good and fast, and my first choice (they aren't that expensive either). Wheelworld always gave me good service at a fair price, but would often forget to do something small (like tightening the pinch bolts on my shiver fork axle).

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
gotta agree with lots of what tgreathead said.
Cynergy is good and fast, and my first choice (they aren't that expensive either). Wheelworld always gave me good service at a fair price, but would often forget to do something small (like tightening the pinch bolts on my shiver fork axle).
Its true, Cynergy is priced the same as many others but I had a little incident with them a while back. They were setting up new cable for the rear derailleur so I removed the chain before I got there since they'd be doing it anyway. When the bike was done there was a $10 "chain installation" charge. I talked to them about it, since the chain was already cut to size and was a SRAM Powerlink chain no less. They pulled the charge off but said they often do have a chain charge. Other than than, no complaints ever.