Quantcast

** wetsday gmt ***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Snowstorm coming, forecast all over the road but should get at least a foot, maybe 2 feet by Friday. And it's raining right now. Oof.

I should have squeezed in another ride this week whilst trails were dry.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Fairly easy day at work but still itching from fibreglass.
Two more months and I won't have to do that anymore, yee haa, I hate fibreglass.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The attractive saleslady I pal around with at work got some shit injected into her face and wow it looks fucking weird lol. What in the fuck was she thinking? Luckily I have an unreadable poker face and did not gawp at her.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
So you really quit quit?
It was only verbal but I raised my hand so I'm pretty sure that makes it official.

I'm a bit special in the head and my workplace is poor, so we are understocked and I can't keep track of the jobs, what parts are coming in and what we don't have that will stop me from completing a job. I just want shit to come in on the left and go out on the right.

The place I applied at has a specific roll for each person, if you try to do more than your role requires you'll get called a witch or something by the union people.
I think there are hybrid vehicles there so I'd get factory training in newer tech stuff which would be fun. But I'm not sure how much the electricians would let the mechanics do before throwing them in the river.

If I don't get that I'll do labouring or some other form of neck down work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
7 am Zoom conference then driving in to sling some barium. schedule looks light so should be a chill enough day, I think

then driving across town to see my eldest play in city honor band and shuttle her home.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's cool seeing so many mountain bikes on cars around me at the moment.
A National DH and XC round is on here this weekend, I'll be dusting off the camera to try to get some shots.
I have a fisheye that I haven't tried yet, actually I don't think I have used a proper camera for MTB shots before.
Will take the 150-450, fisheye and maybe the 30mm or super wide......and probably some beer.
I think Moi Moi is racing, it's his home area.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Realized the reason my dev box is so slow is because I have physically spinning media where I should be solid state. Because I REALLY don't want to redo my setup from scratch, I've been trying to image the drive to the new SSD. This shit is so much easier when Windows isn't involved, ugh.

Have I mentioned my hatred for Windows 11?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Realized the reason my dev box is so slow is because I have physically spinning media where I should be solid state. Because I REALLY don't want to redo my setup from scratch, I've been trying to image the drive to the new SSD. This shit is so much easier when Windows isn't involved, ugh.

Just clone the drive, that should be really easy.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Morning Monkeys.

Clonezilla

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just clone the drive, that should be really easy.
That's what I thought, but it seems the tools I've been trying aren't smart enough to put 177GB of data on a 500GB drive because the host drive is 1TB. Macrium Reflect had a 30 day trial, trying it nao.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is your brother like 70yo?

He is your age. Just very risk averse and any fall is a reason to dial things back and therefore has never progressed. I am no great skier but I am not afraid to eat shit. Thankfully I did most of my shit eating when I was young so have learned enough that it is rare these days.

His kid is even worse.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Two months ago I told a kid I would man a booth at their middle school science fair. It appears that tomorrow night is the day. Damn, does time fly by. Can't back out now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How does someone use up 100gb of email storage? :confused:

Their reaction when I tell them that the solution is to delete things and to not use your email account as an archive.... also :confused:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
grooming report.
So, fun story: Wife has a broken foot and we are scheduled to ski Big Sky the middle of April. Her doc told her she should be able to ski by then but she'll have to stay on groomed trails. :doh:We're still going...Wife hasn't decided if she'll listen to her doctor's orders. Usually we head right for glades on these trips.