Quantcast

~!~ Wetting edge day GMT ~!~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a soggy day out there. Collision on my highway entrance ramp this morning put me behind about 15 min. getting into work, so inevitably, there's always that guy that gives me the "...Nice of you to join us this morning." as I walk through.....that guy...sheesh.

Wow...this week is just bananas. The head gaskets on my Subaru are releasing their mortal hold on this earth. I really, really hate that car. I'm an eternal optimist, and generally try to spread positive juju wherever I can, but the fvcks have all run out, and all I'm left with is deep, seething hatred for this piece of Fuji Godzilla poop...

Despite that, let's get out there and make it a good day, folks. Santa's watching.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
PHATTYmcPHATPHAT bike, beer, wool socks and other utilities are loaded in the car for some night time shenanigans with the dudes tonight.

We got some sort of new automated software deployment server up and running at one of my buildings, they (the global owners) of the tool say its imposssssibru to pxe boot from a different subnet. Nope, I will find a way! Or at least waste most of today trying... :busted:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
In my alternative reality, I am out packing trails to ride when the temps drop off. We got some snow yesterday and some warm temps. Would be the perfect day to set up some tracks to ride.

In actual reality, I am buried at work making thing for people who think doing home improvements right before a major holiday is a good idea. I do have a Xmas shopping dinner date tonight with my daughter. That will be fun. Carry on,

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
drinking coffee and facing the reality of 8 hours of lecture in day one of my EMT Recert Class :three days, 24 hrs of CE and an afternoon of hands on scenario testing on Friday. At least I will be done with that shit for another two years. I am willing to bet that I will be the oldest bastard in the class by at least 20 years :bonk:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:dead:

Betrayed by my body last night. Was wide awake from 1-3 am; watched the clock for a bit, got up to have some water, went to the bathroom. Finally managed to get back to sleep but you bet I feel it today.

Still trying to figure out how to say goodbye to my grandfather when I go home for Christmas. His health is failing and chances are this will be the last time I see him alive. Not sure how to navigate these waters as his memory is shot, so having a lucid conversation might be a toughie.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At hospital with my wife. Broken fibula. She's in round 2 of x-rays to determine if surgery is needed.

Fuckin tough cookies those women. Keeps saying no to the pain meds.

Thaw, refreeze and 2" of fresh make for slippery conditions. Emerg is chock full of ankles and shoulders this morning...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
At hospital with my wife. Broken fibula. She's in round 2 of x-rays to determine if surgery is needed.

Fuckin tough cookies those women. Keeps saying no to the pain meds.

Thaw, refreeze and 2" of fresh make for slippery conditions. Emerg is chock full of ankles and shoulders this morning...
Bummer, how did it happen? Ruth was the same way when she fell on the ice over a mile from the camper. She limped back, told me to splint it and hand her a beer. Docs the next day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bummer, how did it happen? Ruth was the same way when she fell on the ice over a mile from the camper. She limped back, told me to splint it and hand her a beer. Docs the next day.
Hardcore wife!

When my wife crashed earlier this year and sliced her face open she wanted to carry on with the ride which would have been ~70mins to get home finishing with a 1700ft climb. I politely told her no and that we should probably seek medical attention, 16 stitches later...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. This Seattle weather is straight up depressing. But not working is nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went back to bed for a bit, currently consuming a delicious burrito. Then going to brave a trip to Costco. Considering squeezing in a ride this afternoon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Weekend plans on hold. Woman child had fever of 103 yesterday afternoon at school, so she is home for the day. Late evening trip to the doc indicates it's not teh actual influenza, which has been going through my wifes kindergarten class and the lower grades, so it's just some sort of season cootie. I have shit I need to get done.before Santa gets here and this complicates things greatly. :stosh:
The head gaskets on my Subaru
:rofl:
have you considered working on airplanes?
:butcher:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Was dry on the morning walkies and not freezing, so that was nice. Moar time trying to learn new things in hopes to advance my career in a positive light. Forecasting snow this weekend, so I might get out of the dreaded south trip to the in laws, yay. Bring it!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Performed the annual desk purging this morning. Holy shit, so much space for moar junk!

My recycling bin and paper shredder is now full...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There was a significant snowfall yesterday, that turned to rain, that froze again, and another fresh coating of snow fell on top of the fresh ice. There's a slight slope to our driveway, and as she walked out she slipped...
Ship that sucks!

Definitely icy out there today...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Snowing and blowing today. Woke up at 0400 hacking my lungs out. Lasted about an hour with all kinds of chunks coming out so there is that.

Have to get the Xmas cards in the mail today, balance the check book, and pay bills but should be a good day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
'nutha day, 'nutha dolla

Struggling to focus, really looking forward to a long week off. I really need a break.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say some folks choices of holiday lawn decor has me a little puzzled. I get to check out everyones yard on the walkies.

Examples:
Large inflated T-Rex with animated head wearing Santa hat eating present
Inflatable Santa in the "occupied" outhouse, also animated
Inflated stegosaurus with Santa hat (not same yard as T-Rex)
There is what can only be a inflated Canadian nativity scene (very white with large floppy heads)
Another yard just has random inflated animals. The polar bear, penguin, and reindeer make sense, but where did the fox in Santa hat come from (there are 3 foxes in yards in my hood)
Inflated Santa in an airplane with animated prop
Inflated "Merry Christmas" animated snow carousel
Inflated animated snow globe

Granted, my decorations are not only lazy, but are far from original. I spent a lot of time cutting and painting my Grinch, but it only takes a half hour to put everything up. My neighbor across the street has gone overboard. He installed 2 flag holders on the eves of his porch so he can put 2 of the laser light shows on either side of the dormer lighting his second floor.

<edit> Nothing says Happy Birthday Jesus like Santa dropping a deuce in your front yard. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to say some folks choices of holiday lawn decor has me a little puzzled. I get to check out everyones yard on the walkies.

Examples:
There is what can only be a inflated Canadian nativity scene (very white with large floppy heads)
Another yard just has random inflated animals. The polar bear, penguin, and reindeer make sense, but where did the fox in Santa hat come from (there are 3 foxes in yards in my hood)

Granted, my decorations are not only lazy, but are far from original. I spent a lot of time cutting and painting my Grinch, but it only takes a half hour to put everything up. My neighbor across the street has gone overboard. He installed 2 flag holders on the eves of his porch so he can put 2 of the laser light shows on either side of the dormer lighting his second floor.
Someone on my street has several Darth Vaders with Santa Hats.

My favorite however is a the bunch of Amanita Muscaria mushrooms growing in the lawn at work

https://www.livescience.com/42077-8-ways-mushrooms-explain-santa.html

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Examples:

<edit> Nothing says Happy Birthday Jesus like Santa dropping a deuce in your front yard. :rofl:

I approve of the dinosaur ones,

Any animated bear ones by chance?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think this is the same nativity scene as in my hood. No foreign guys bringing horrible gifts.

I approve of the dinosaur ones,

Any animated bear ones by chance?
No bears other than polar, there are a few of those around. Unless you are a creationist, the dinosaurs were a couple million years before the Jeebus was born. And the t-rex and setgo were at least a couple hundred thousand years apart from each other.

At least if StarWars, its StarWars. :rofl:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Speaking of women being tougher than men. I think I've had the man flu for the past 2 days. Scratchy dry throat in the mornings until I chug a bunch of water. Probably gonna die.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
howdy folks.
holiday plans are to teach people who cant ski well to ski well, shredding, getting footie for the boyz, partying with homies & then a few nites with the lady eating and drinking and getting frisky.

Last sundays shredit. the boys are getting better, cant wait till they throw down that 720 switch gucci.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Daaaaaamn that was cold. Shits gone awry here at work and the boss man abandons ship early without telling anyone. Sends me a text a short while after bouncing and says, "I cannot impress upon you the importance of making sure all that stuff gets taken care of today."

:rant::mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Daaaaaamn that was cold. Shits gone awry here at work and the boss man abandons ship early without telling anyone. Sends me a text a short while after bouncing and says, "I cannot impress upon you the importance of making sure all that stuff gets taken care of today."

:rant::mad:
If he’d meant it he’d try to impress upon you enough. Just not impressing upon you means he dgaf