Quantcast

What adapter do i need for XT rear hydro?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
I am getting rid of my hardrock frame because it is too big. I am putting together my old Trek 4300 frame with my current parts til I get a new frame. I am trying to put my XT rear hydro on and there is just no way it will fit on this frame. It has a disc mount but I am not sure exactly what the measurement of it is or even what to measure to find an adapter. (the mounts are pretty much right next to the axle) Or IS there an adapter? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
CL

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You need a 51mm IS adaptor, probably, as all Shimano brakes are post-mount. Click the link in my sig, there's a picture of some XT brakes with the adaptors.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The older XT four pots are IS. Do you have the newer ones that blue mentioned or the older ones?

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Good call Crono, I think they're those two little holes made for the racks that go over the rear wheel. If not though, there is a slight chance that they're 22mm spacing, and I know of no 22-51mm adapter. Either way, wait until you get your new frame, or just learn to ride without a rear? Depending on your riding preferences, rear brakes aren't all that important, especially if this is just tem, and it is just a Trek 4300.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
they are the XT M755 hydros. THe LBS said they found what I needed. I know its only a 4300, but the only reason I am riding that is because I got rid of my HR frame. I am looking at a steelhead to build a sort of SS trailbike with my hydros, then I'll be happy?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Update. Found the adapter. It mounts to the 2 (pannier) holes and the one in between. Trek specific part, about 15 bucks. If anyone ever finds this thread and needs a part number, PM me...