Quantcast

what are the DH bike rentals like @ northstar?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i know they are Giant Glorys, but are they totally played out, or do they work well?

i'm gonna be in the area late july and it would probably be a lot easier to just bring my armor and helmet rather than my whole bike. the price doesn't seem so bad ($75 per day).

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
I saw the Demo fleet and it was pretty nice.
they do get beat on, but the glorys are very solid bikes, and should be fine all season.
i wouldnt worry about it.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Played out who is this clown Glorys are solid bikes and like almost any bike it needs a few add ons to make it perfect. If your renting a bike then you most likely dont ride past the ability of a stock glory. You cant find a better complete DHbike for your money. Well at least retail speaking. Bikes dont get "played out" like music you want something that is built to last and has great customer service. Who cares how many you see its how its performs.

I have had two Glorys and will get another one in 09 and i have put that bike through Vietnam hundreds of times and i have had no issues.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Played out who is this clown Glorys are solid bikes and like almost any bike it needs a few add ons to make it perfect. If your renting a bike then you most likely dont ride past the ability of a stock glory. You cant find a better complete DHbike for your money. Well at least retail speaking. Bikes dont get "played out" like music you want something that is built to last and has great customer service. Who cares how many you see its how its performs.

I have had two Glorys and will get another one in 09 and i have put that bike through Vietnam hundreds of times and i have had no issues.

Jesus christ.......

I'll find you a bike narlus. I've got a demo 7 and a demo 8, both mediums. You can ride one of them.

The rentals at northstar are new this year but if last year was any indication, they don't get very well maintained on a day to day basis.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
You coming to shoot a show?

You know you need an "assistant" :brows:
nope, gonna be @ genentech for a conference...though both Flipper and The Avengers are playing saturday night (but i will likely be @ tahoe instead; hence this thread).

Hey Tim, let me know when you're going. Maybe we can hook up.
the weekend of 26th/27th july

Jesus christ.......

I'll find you a bike narlus. I've got a demo 7 and a demo 8, both mediums. You can ride one of them.

The rentals at northstar are new this year but if last year was any indication, they don't get very well maintained on a day to day basis.
cool, that would rock. my buddy mike who you met last time would be coming too, but he and his wife pull down big $ and don't have kids, so he can rent a bike.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dexterq20 manages a shop in Tahoe City and could probably hook you up with a rental...shoot him a PM if the woo fails to come throo.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Just kiddin around every once in a while i get on here with less then 3 hours sleep and find something to bitch about or make a comment i have no idea who i made the bike rental comment about but hey i was just bustin balls

ok back to sleep.....

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Just kiddin around every once in a while i get on here with less then 3 hours sleep and find something to bitch about or make a comment i have no idea who i made the bike rental comment about but hey i was just bustin balls

ok back to sleep.....
We're used to it;) Were you there last Sat?