Quantcast

What are the new wardrobe rules?

SCARY

Not long enough
I've been outta the race scene for a couple years.Since my much heralded return I've realized I'm much more comfortable with minimal attire(helmet,knee pads,gloves,shorts 3/4 cut sleeve jersey)I'm reading different requirements and need to get my crap together before angelfire.I'm only doing nationals ,and race pro.so I don't know if uci superceeds usacycling on stuff.I really dig the new kneepads and don't want to go back.peace up

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Skinsuits are still legal as long as you have something over the top half so that you are not wearing only the suit.

Damn fat chicks taking away all of our fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The 30 - 60 minutes spent discussing this would be better spent at the gym or riding your bike.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a race kit that looks like it was designed by Stevie Wonder, but the time some people spend picking out new duds is absurd.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Just wear pajamas with lots of bright colors and silly patterns. That's what everyone else wears.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Just found this in the small print of the IMBA rules...

"842.a.i. Those not wearing TLD clothing and/or protective gear are to penalized by the addition of 30 seconds to said participant's time per non TLD article of clothing or protective gear worn. A reduced penalty of 10 seconds is to be added in the case of mismatched TLD clothing and or protective equipment."

Wear what you want. Really.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Sweatshirt cut off below the armpits, covered by a T-shirt, leather race pants, resoled lineman's boots with woolies folded over the top, leather work gloves and, of course, the latest full-face.

Oops! - - wrong era . . . :o:

SCARY

Not long enough
Fine ,so nothing has changed since 2004.tld polka dot gear it is.I also race moto,and was mentioning to my wife that for such a manly sport,we have thee gayest outfits outside of "circ de sole'".Can you imagine football teams dressing like us?it is troy lee's fault.He apparently dosen't use outside focus groups for review of next years gear before rollout.Yes,I own some black and green "fantastic four"/shazam "gear......It was peer pressure

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Fine ,so nothing has changed since 2004.tld polka dot gear it is.I also race moto,and was mentioning to my wife that for such a manly sport,we have thee gayest outfits outside of "circ de sole'".Can you imagine football teams dressing like us?it is troy lee's fault.He apparently dosen't use outside focus groups for review of next years gear before rollout.Yes,I own some black and green "fantastic four"/shazam "gear......It was peer pressure
He is also hammered everytime you see him haha, that may account for some of the retarded designs they have.