Quantcast

What are you listening to; adjunct thread. AKA RiP JB

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So my musical tastes careen wildly all over the spectrum. From something that begins with A to Zappa and all points in between. I have been a Jimmy Buffet fan, aka a Parrot Head, since grade 8. Despite the effect being one had on my negligible punk rock scene kid street cred and my classic rocker wanna be mullet wearing quasi Deadhead meathead outlook, I always enjoyed his mellow tunes, his raucous tunes and his borderline outlaw country, meant to grow up but got lost somewhere between Havana and the Florida Keys persona. Even when he went completely commercial and opened cheesy restaurants and profited immensely from his "I only had one top ten hit..." thing, I seemed to always hum along when songs like "Havana Daydreaming" "Wonder why we ever go home..." or "Trying to reason with hurricane season" came on. Not to mention "Brahma fear" or "The Captain and the Kid." I started reading Hemingway voluntarily because of him. Still havent fully digested Faulkner, but I am trying.

All good things must come to an end though. RiP Jimmy, born on Xmas Day, 1946, died yesterday. Thanks for the tunes.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well that sucks. This tread was the first I heard. Jimmy Buffett was definitely a part of my college years and A Pirate Looks at 40 only became more relevant as I got older. I guess this means no Labor Day Weekend show. RIP