Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Years ago my brother had this Cowboy Junkies album we used to listen to and I really liked this song.
Now I am old as fuck but I never realized it was a cover until on an air canada flight where they had a Velvet Undergorund album to listen to, and there is was.
Anyway, today on Air Canada they had the Cowboy Junkies version. I really like them both. Which version do you prefer? Or is there is some other awesome version for me to discover?

Wikipedia says Lou Reed was often quoted as saying that the Cowboy Junkies' version was his favorite.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Not usually into atmospheric electronic shit, but this is rad. WITTR is one of the most memorable shows I've ever seen. Some dilapidated warehouse in Tacoma playing their more traditional black metal stuff louder than I have ever heard... holy shit

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Years ago my brother had this Cowboy Junkies album we used to listen to and I really liked this song.
Now I am old as fuck but I never realized it was a cover until on an air canada flight where they had a Velvet Undergorund album to listen to, and there is was.
Anyway, today on Air Canada they had the Cowboy Junkies version. I really like them both. Which version do you prefer? Or is there is some other awesome version for me to discover?

Wikipedia says Lou Reed was often quoted as saying that the Cowboy Junkies' version was his favorite.
they're both awful. at least the cowboy junkies version doesn't have lou reed's horrible nasal twang affectation.

not a huge less than jake fan either. this is as close as i get to ska/punk: