Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
He is blasting faster than 95% of all other metal drummers...
... with only his right leg.
And all with a precision of a metronome. Intense.
Eloy does have a Double Kick Drum setup; there is a chain-driven beater from his left pedal. Having two kick drums can be a pain in both touring and in maintaining pitch, so the one drum having two strikes is quicker responding and is easier to setup.

Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones for instance changed his snare drum skin for the first time a few years ago. That is 40years+ of the same sound... gotta love it.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

I just saw them on Thursday, and boy was it awesome. Pretty much one of the top 5 concerts I've ever seen. I literally wanted them to play forever.
At first I was a little concerned, as they don't have the best history in playing live, but if you want to see them, now is the time! :rockout:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

At first I was a little concerned, as they don't have the best history in playing live, but if you want to see them, now is the time! :rockout:
funny....i've never had a bad experience seeing them...the first time being when they replaced kyuss opening for monster magnet....kyuss had broke up a night or two before....i think the last time i saw them was abut three years ago...

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
funny....i've never had a bad experience seeing them...the first time being when they replaced kyuss opening for monster magnet....kyuss had broke up a night or two before....i think the last time i saw them was abut three years ago...
Mostly I meant Chino's voice with this comment. He was pretty hit or miss 10 years back. But this time...
Oh my fvcking god.
He absolutely nailed it. It was flawless. And the rest of the band was awesome as always. Actually it was so good, I am still blown away.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
chino looks like he might have dried out over the last couple of years...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Saturday was BombSquad, The Accused AD, Infex, and DRI.

I was very impressed with Infex (Oakland, CA).

Actually, the only one I didn't care for was The Accused AD.