Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's exactly how I feel about this album. I bought it on cassette tape, then bought it on CD years later when I got my first CD player.

that's still on my list of albums that i can listen start to finish, no skips. love rancid.

worth noting: i was like 13 i think when i got punk in drublic.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
around age 13 (1986-ish) the first punk/harcore tapes in collection included, iirc, sex pistols/beastie boys/dead milkmen/suicidal tendencies/dead kennedys/adolescents/minor threat/cro mags/misfits/uniform choice. i then started getting mail order indie hardcore zines and got really into new york/new england hardcore. it's funny to think that's how old our oldest son is now. :rofl:

also funny: my dad was a minister. i'll never forget being at a 7 Seconds (I think) show in my early high school years at the Cats Cradle (original Chapel Hill location) and turning around and seeing him at the back of the room looking for me to pick me up. he was 6'5" with crazy white hair. good times.

i totally need to take my kids to a show.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More Southern Metal BBQ on Google Play.

...that moment when listening to Laid to Rest by Lamb of God, with headphones on in the office, and realizing that I've been saying out pretty loud "see who gives a fuck" repeatedly.