Quantcast

What are you riding in 06'?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Just thought I would throw the question out there. What bike (or bikes) are you going to be on this year. I know not everyone has there new toys yet, but post em up as you get em'!

Later Master bater!

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
I would like to be on a cove shocker DH, but cove is way overpriced IMO. It looks like I am going to look into either an astrix havoc or an oragne 224. Not sure though. What are you thinking about?^ I know it's cannondale, but which one.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
aggrorider said:
I would like to be on a cove shocker DH, but cove is way overpriced IMO. It looks like I am going to look into either an astrix havoc or an oragne 224. Not sure though. What are you thinking about?^ I know it's cannondale, but which one.
Is the Cove more expensive than the Orange? I always thought that the Orange's were pretty boutique? The Cove would be a killer choice since it is a do all kind of bike, so just keep saving the $$$$$$.

I am going to be on the Judge frame for DH and a Chase frame for 4X and slalom.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
holliswood said:
Is the Cove more expensive than the Orange? I always thought that the Orange's were pretty boutique? The Cove would be a killer choice since it is a do all kind of bike, so just keep saving the $$$$$$.

I am going to be on the Judge frame for DH and a Chase frame for 4X and slalom.
Yeah the cove is WAY over the orange. The orange is around $2000 frame only with a fox DHX 5.0. The cove shocker is going to be around $2400 - $2600. Even the Peeler DH is pretty expensive at around $2200. But, these prices are off the internet. I am going to call the companies this Monday because all the people that I need to talk to are off for the ENTIRE Holiday season. I work at a shop and none of the '06 books have come in from our suppliers so I'm pretty bumbed about that.

Anyways those look to be cool bikes that you're going to have. Post up some pics when you get the chance.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
nice canondale man! I will be riding my same old 9" travel kona with a shiver up front. but i will be riding a new specialized fuse four with new hubs, rims, spokes, niples, and pretty much every thing else brandnew also exept for the frame and fork!!!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I just got an Enduro to go with my Demo. Man, forgot how nice a light trail bike was after riding heavy pigs for the last 3 years.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Dirt Jumping/Street 20": Stolen Five O with Barmitzvahs, redneck,pitch forks,Hola Hoops,Primo Bombs, S&M rod, and Stiffies:devil:

Dirt Jump/Street 26" GT Zaskarx Marz Z3

XC: GT Avalanche, Rockshox SID World Cup Black Box with lots of Ti and Carbon 25lbs.

Freeride/Street DH: Transition Dirt Bag, Marz 66RC2, Saint stuff, Big bad ass.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
carbuncle said:
Nice, Andy. I still haven't seen the new rig in action!
I'm pretty sure I had it the last couple of times I ran into you @ SST. I must have had it propped up against a tree w/ a shovel or camera in-hand those times. It's been getting some usage as of late despite the weather.
As of today, I finally have a solid rear wheel to boast. XT hub laced to an Arrow FR rim.
No more XC rims for this rig.:nope:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Let see...
DH/Fr = Santa Cruz VP-Free
4X/All-around = Santa Cruz Blur 4X
BMX Cruiser = Haro SX 24
BMX 20" = Felt Sector (which I'll probably sell)

...oh and Happy New Year everyone!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Now that the full blown dh rigs are gone it was time to get a slightly more versatile bike. Freak and I picked up a couple of Ironhorse 7.5's last week :D

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Looks like I'll be able to pull off the long planned Transition Preston this spring. Will be added to the ever faithfull Subterranean DH bike, and ancient Schwinn G-Shock swap-meet bike that I XC on. A little BMX on the 20 incher and commuting on the Mondia cross-converted road bike.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
What I have now:

'05 Foes FXR, Super D & Trail
'05 Specialized Allez Elite, Road
'05 Honda CRF250x, Moto
Specialized Enduro (can't remember the year), winter/spare bike

What I'm trying to upgrade to for '06:

'06 Foes FXR
'06 Specialized Roubaix Elite
The CRF250 is brand new so it's sticking around for awhile!!

Man I gotta a lot of bikes to sell first though!!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Five said:
Schweeet! Ever take that thing out on the BMX track? Although, the reflectors would be illegal for racing...
You would not believe how horribly that bike rides. Those are 24" wheels and look how high the BB is.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
TWISTED said:
You would not believe how horribly that bike rides. Those are 24" wheels and look how high the BB is.
that reminds me of that one scene in that one crappy movie.....

Oly: What kind of bike do you have?
Twisted: It's a hammer.
Oly: Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
Oly: [Cut to Twisted jumping] You got like three feet of air that time.

http://homevideo.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://broadband.foxhome.com/napoleon/napldyna_pedrosbike_hi.mov