Quantcast

What color is your imagination?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
The time has come for my new totally custom XXXXL GGDH. This will probably be the last DH bike I buy for a very long time, if not forever. I've got a couple wild ideas on the powder coat (that of course favor loudness and saturated colors over "goodness"), but I'm of course very open minded and always open to suggestions. So if you have an idea that is out of this world, but you've been too afraid to try, now is your chance to see it happen.

1. Money is no object
2. I'm not looking for decal-based designs. Just something that can be down with powdercoat or whatever
3. Life has no limits, except for 2.

Go nuts.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Outer space themed with lots of galaxies, stars, etc with all polished parts.

Ps- don't forget to apply anti-vibration devices to critical areas:
IMG_4847.JPG

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm getting some frame-bags made for my pivot from this guy:

Chances are you probably aren't cool enough for metallic green, but in case you are....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I powdercoated my '65 Schwinn that color, but didn't get anywhere near that result.

Those bubble tops were hands down some of the most beautiful American cars. Just don't jimmydean one, those roof pillars were made of coat hangers.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I think the obvious answer is just get it raw and cover it from head tube to derailleur hanger with crabon weave stickers. And since you have a predilection for flash, they even make a multitude of colors so you can rock the gay pride colourway with, well, pride...

Or, if you wanted to take a more conservative approach, you could dip the frame in epoxy and roll it around in Santa Barbara sand. Get those new beige Maxxis tires, treat the fork lowers similarly and get the non-Kashima stanchion coating. This way, you could hammer down all manner of SoCal shuttle/hiking trails and it would appear to the cloud yelling septuagenarian Sierra Club nazis that you're levitating down the trail...albeit at 25 mph. Heck, I bet you could even ditch the obligatory bike bell with this stealth system.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Last edited: