Quantcast

What cranks?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
So, I was riding today and my pedal stripped the threads on my crank. I might be able to get it tapped, but I'm not sure.

My question is, if tapping it doesn't work, which cranks should I get? I've never bought cranks, other than them being already on my bike, so I really don't have anything to go on.

I need something that's fairly cheap, the MAX being $100-ish. I'm about 130 lbs. and I ride DH/Urban FR (stair gaps, etc), if that helps.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I'm kind of looking at the FSA Pounders... there aren't any reviews, so I don't exactly want to get a pair quite yet. Anyone have experience with 'em?

Edit: Forgot to ask. I found a pair of 'vativ hussefelts for cheap on ebay, yay or nay?

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
if you are 130lbs you dont need pounders. They are the same arms that they use with the xdrives but for isis bb's. They are good cranks but as lite as you are you dont need cromo crankarms.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Oh and as for "reviews" mtbr reviews... whatever trust them if you want but over half the products that get good reviews suck.

I am about your weight and do pretty much the same type of riding. I am thinking about building up a new hardtail and right now the debate is between VDrive Xtremes and Pounders. Some will tell you that chromo cranks arent for light guys and my response is, you arent "light" so shut up:) haha no really, either will work, its a matter of what you want, chromoly that is a stronger and heavier or vdrives which are lighter but still strong.