Quantcast

What do think of these "flat top" h/bars ?

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
kinda thinking about changing to some of thse bars, but then I gotta get an oversized stem, them my computer won't fit around the bars etc etc.

I know a lot of people have them and are happy with then, but is it worth it to "upgrade" to them ?

am thinking of the scud bar and stem combo, the bar is as light as many top carbon ones. www.amoebaparts.com

are they just a fashion fad at the mo ?

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Those scud bars look quite nice. I think they would be quite comfortable the elliptical shape appeals to me. I dislike the stem mostly for looks, but they would work well together. From some reviews that I have read they are said to be nice and rigid and overall good quality. How much are they?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
How about the FSA K-Wing? It is carbon and flat on the top.

Saw a guy at a bike shop last Sat with one...they felt pretty good. (show room test;) ) They might be another option.
From their site: www.fullspeedahead.com
Carbon fiber construction Aerodynamic Profile Ergonomic bend Internal cable design 31.8mm stem clamp diameter 3 degree sweep Sizes – 40, 42, 44cm width Weight – 240 grams

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I dislike the ones I have tried because when you grasp the flat tops with the thumb underneath, the back of the aero section digs in. Try before you buy.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
I have the alloy version of the FSA's and they are pretty good. I was able to get my computer on and my HRM will fit also. I find the flat section pretty comfortable to grasp. My only dislike is that they only go up to a 44cm c/c and I was using a 46cm on my old bike.

-Couch