Quantcast

What do you see in this picture......

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by eric strt6
An Inflamatory post of a picture taken out of it's context in an attemt to inflame some of us. Please attach the attendant article which you so ingeniously omitted and let us judge it in context
Hey 6...
You fell right into his ploy.

You pointed out that you cannot trust what you see...
and I guess what you read too...
My question is this.
Which one is REALLY the truth?
How do we know it IS a jew?
Until the actual person in the pic comes up to me and tells me it was him and what happened, I'll have to take ANY story with a grain of salt.

Jan 14, 2002
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Originally posted by -BB-

Hey 6...
You fell right into his ploy.

You pointed out that you cannot trust what you see...
and I guess what you read too...
My question is this.
Which one is REALLY the truth?
How do we know it IS a jew?
Until the actual person in the pic comes up to me and tells me it was him and what happened, I'll have to take ANY story with a grain of salt.
a Link on the page I posted first is an answer, http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/israeldiary/Victim_of_the_Media_War.asp

and also what the New York Times posted later: quoting;
In response, the New York Times published a half-hearted correction which identified Tuvia Grossman as "an American student in Israel" -- not as a Jew who was beaten by Arabs. The "correction" also noted that "Mr. Grossman was wounded" in "Jerusalem's Old City" -- although the beating actually occurred in the Arab neighborhood of Wadi al Joz, not in the Old City.

In response to public outrage at the original error and the inadequate correction, The New York Times reprinted Tuvia Grossman's picture -- this time with the proper caption -- along with a full article detailing his near-lynching at th the hands of Palestinians rioters.

you could search it in the archives of the New York Times that they got it wrong.

but then again the damage is already done

deroyo

French Monkey Instigator Supreme!
Jul 3, 2001
Not on my BIKE!!!
Ok I have not read the original blurred that accompanies the pic,so ,when I saw the pic I saw a person sitting (wounded by,a bomb or earthquake or something of this amplitude)on the side walk trying to get himself together after some kind of traumatic experience which he pro'bly starred at death RIGHT IN DA FACE.

The policeman/soldier is most likelly trying to get some stubborn journalist that has crossed the security markers that journalist ALWAYS cross to get the best pic they can,or the first version of the story of what just took place.They are only doing their jobs and so is the poliman/soldier,but sometimes,in doing so these journalists endanger their lifes and other's...

That is what my first impression of this pic...
Sure you can think that the cop is going to beat up the person in forground...Sure you can think that the person sitting on da ground has been wounded by this policeman/soldier...
BUT WHY???
Why jump to conclusion?
That is all that some journalists are trying to do sometimes,create kaos with a pic and it's easy!!!

Just look at the reaction that pic is getting here...
:)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I thought it was Karoke Night gone terribly wrong.

I have worked in the news media for a little over 3 years now, so I am desensitized to all this $hit (aint it a shame).

I will have to post a thread on what I think of mainstream media......later......'cause I got a LOT to say about it.:angry:

But just to make a quick point (more about local media, & even cable news TV too) they all get there info from the same sources-
Reuters or AP (mostly AP).

this forum makes me an :angry: :monkey:, so I guess that is why I stick too the Lounge & Beer & Food......& sometimes the South forum, but there aint many Southern :monkey:'s. :(

Peace in the Middle East,
-TNF

A

a13x

Originally posted by -BB-

LOL... I wsa going to say the same thing but instead of a bread-stick, I thought it looked like an adult "toy"
yea i saw that too