Quantcast

what do you think of my program???

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
hi i have just started this program i m 1m85 (6 feet) and 80 kg, i want to increase my fitness level and get some mass ( not ridiculously huge)

heres my program

day1,3,5

5 min warm
stretch

weights:

2 sets 15 reps

leg press( unilateral)
pench press
arm curl
lat shoulder
back extension
bicep curl
tricep curl ( unilateral)
lat raises
ab crunches
medicine ball obliques.

10 minutes of rowing high intensity
10 minutes of upright bike 90 rpm

stretch..

day 2,4

group classes spinning and b pump

day 6,7

hardcore freeriding and downhill.

now i would like you to tell me what you think of it.

now i need some information on what to it and what not to it, i try to keep a helathy diet but i m not sure what s getting in the way of my trainning or not.

and i take a power bar to recover ..

thanks for your help

nicho

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
ahahahahahahah sal batard je suis mort de rire, bon bref je suis serieux mec hier soir j ai fais encore une classe spinning, je te parie tout ce que tu veux que tu tiens pas dix minutes la dedans , j ai jamais transpire autant sa mere que pendant ces classes, en plus les gars qui font ces cours sont des triathletes donc un ou dux truc a nous apprendre......

batard ta race va ..

nicho

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
you get bigger and stronger when you recover, so you might think about dropping some of the extra work, or cardio. If you want to get bigger than you need to eat more than your eating now! just like fat people have to diet, normal people have to eat lots to grow. Your workout looks like it lacks direction and purpose. If you truly want to get stronger and bigger, read these articles and get back to me with questions
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/264eight.jsp
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/265eight.jsp
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/266eight.jsp
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/267eight.jsp

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
hi i ve read the articles and i have to say that i m a bit confused, i don t think i want to be a power lifter as i don t want to get as big as the blokes on the photos, no way however i want to get an athletic body, and get my overall fitnes high, but i also want to gain some muscle mass but not ot an extreme level, i know this might sound a bit confusing but that s how i want it. since i ve started that program i have been eating a lot more carbs and protein, meet, pasta, fish , eggs, and proteine bars to recover, so you think i should do less cardio and more weight .

So far i ve been doing two night of cardio a week, end three nights of lifting , and riding on week end which is kinda resting since im doing free riding and down hill ...

put aside the articles and tell me what s right and what s wrong, i know that muscles build during the resting period but i m at the office all day and work out at night isn t that enough of a restiong period....
what is a good resting period ???? 24 hours ???

including protein intake ????

thanks so much for your help..

nicho

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
recovery takes longer than just a few hours at work. sounds like your food choices are good, just make sure you eat enough of them! I think you could drop out a night of cardio, if you are riding twice a week. I know when im riding i get a bit of cardio, and the legs get tired, so you might watch that. You might break your workouts up into upper lower body. if you want to get bigger, volume is the key.
I would do squats, deadlifts, and lots of abs and low back,
for upper body, bench, tricep extensions, back-pulldowns, t-bar rows, etc you could just rotate those two workouts over a 3 workout a week thing, so 1st week would be lower, upper, lower, 2nd week would be upper, lower, upper, etc etc, just alternate every week.

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
well ok i get the picture.

so basically i can stick to that rythmn but i have to alternate in order to use different muscle each time ... i understand ..
now i shall give it a miss for tomorow then, i ll go tonight for my wieght program and try to follow your hints...
thanks a lot ...

nicho
\
any other tips for me?

do you think i should take some supplements at all ???

nicho

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
if you have lots of spare money that sure go ahead and get some supplements. I imagine that like the rest of us, cash is sparce, so i say no. supplements dont give very much benefits if you eat a lot, and eat right. Im sure some people might argue this fact. Youd be better off saving your money and buying some sweet bike parts. I say eat lots of food. Lots of vegetables, grains, whole wheat, lots of meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk is great to drink after workouts, and in general if you are looking to gain some weight.

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
One thing seems to be missing from your routine. REST. Exercise tears down muscle tissues. When they rebuild (at rest), they get larger (if you have enough protien in your diet). I was working out everynight and not getting much improvement. A trainer talked to me and I discovered that I was over training. Now I only workout exercise 3-4 nights a week max. Since then I've started making gains in size and strength.

Try putting in a couple days of rest to break up your exercise routine.

Just my 2 cents.

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
ok i guys well i have put 3 days of rest during my routine, is it best to have them spread out or all in one block , i had on every two day .... what do you think???

thanks for your tips.

nicho

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
you should do
Bi's and Back one day
Chest and tri's the next
the legs and shoulders the next
take a break once a week
take protein drinks after workouts
it works

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
dtrain, i think you should do some more research, your program is real basic and could benefit from some insight. Recovery is key

As far as your program, 3 days of rest is good, if you are doing an easier day of riding or dh, than you can/could do that on your rest day, if its going to be a hard ride, than dont do it on the rest day. The only time you get stronger, faster healthier etc etc is when your body is able to rest and recuperate, so make sure to get your body enough rest

EDIT: dont waste your money on protein drinks unless you have a TON of extra money. If you eat good food, ie eggs, tuna, chicken, steak, turkey, beef, and quality carbohydrates you will gain weight as long as you eat enough calories. Dont waste your money on supplements, I had spent over 2000 dollars on supplements, i stopped buying them cause i didnt have the money and i am stronger than i have ever been (415LBS-9reps in bench, 535-4reps in squat, etc etc im 195lbs)

nickho

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney, down under
ok i have sorter nowthanks to you guys.
here s what i do :

spinning classes on monday
weight work out on tuesday
rest on wednesday
spinning on thursday
weight work out on friday
saturday rest or light ride
sunday dh ride or rest.

on the side i probably get 8 hours sleep if not 9 hours and i eat a lot of carbs and proteines ....

my workout are still the ones mentioned in my first post as they were done with a guy from the gym i guy too...

and afer a workout i take a protein bar ....

now i m sure there is still a lot to say and critises about it but im really not unhealthy and never been unhealthy always been sporty but just want to go that step up in an healthy life style....

conclusion please gentlemen on my final program ?????

thanks

nicho

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
looks pretty good to me. Just make sure if you start feeling run down or excessively tired that you take a day off.