Quantcast

what happened?

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I was digging some jumps and when the wind knocked my bike over, this happened? It's a gremica system 8 with a grc lever. Is this fixable? If so, what do I need and how much will it cost? thanks.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
You should be able to get a new ball joint screw and install it. Theres a C-clip that holds everything in and I think you can pull out the snapped ball head and replace it with a freshy. Your local dealer can tell you more.

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
If nothing is broke just push the ball joint back in. You might want a new seal kit tho as they dont feel so good after. But it wil work

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
mhm...
if i remember the grimeca lever assembly correct, you will only need a new "C-clip" to fix that.
the brake is not leaking or anything, right?

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
That sucks man. When that happens my hayes its about 90 bucks from my lbs to get it fixed.
You're paying 90 bucks to have that fixed? Just call hayes and have them send you a C ring. Max they'll charge you is 5 bucks. Your LBS is screwing you.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by DHblur
You're paying 90 bucks to have that fixed? Just call hayes and have them send you a C ring. Max they'll charge you is 5 bucks. Your LBS is screwing you.
They are screwing me. My rear brake lever is broken right now, but the C-clip isn't the problem. The little hole behind the C-clip is ovalized, so i guess I'll have to get a new master cylinder.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Cancer Dragon
That sucks man. When that happens my hayes its about 90 bucks from my lbs to get it fixed.
damn, you can get a whole new brake for around $110 on ebay!

SUPPORT YOUR LBS!!!:rolleyes:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
mhm...
if i remember the grimeca lever assembly correct, you will only need a new "C-clip" to fix that.
the brake is not leaking or anything, right?
nothing's leaking, so I'll look into that clip. It sorta looks like the peice in the circle broke, or is it rounded so it can slide when the lever gets pulled? Do I just need to pull the c clip off, put that thing back in place then put a new c-clip on? why not just reuse the old c-clip?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by T0mo
nothing's leaking, so I'll look into that clip. It sorta looks like the peice in the circle broke, or is it rounded so it can slide when the lever gets pulled? Do I just need to pull the c clip off, put that thing back in place then put a new c-clip on? why not just reuse the old c-clip?

mhm if you still have the c clip and its not bent or broken you should be able to use it again.
normally it gets lost or broken in the process of being ripped out.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
mhm if you still have the c clip and its not bent or broken you should be able to use it again.
normally it gets lost or broken in the process of being ripped out.
so I just need to pull that out, then put everything back in place? One of the lbs's told me I needed a new lever, but If I can fix it myself for cheap, I'll do that.